Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • taking part in an online escape game
  • finding some more online activities to try out
  • conversations with friends and family
  • a snail mail letter from an old school friend announcing the arrival of her latest grandchild
  • a week free from migraines!
  • that my pushy neighbour seems to have taken the hint and is leaving me alone (I hope I'm not tempting fate by mentioning this!)
  • sorting out my will
  • enjoying a couple of sunny days
  • booking a freebie slot with a professional genealogist at RootsTech 2021, thankfully online this year
  • finding a couple of new-to-me resources to support my attempts to learn Italian, and 
  • linking up with a native Italian speaker to practice my conversation skills and also support her attempts to learn English

I am grateful ...
  • that any potential problems with diabetes has been detected early, and
  • for easy access to the internet allowing me to research the best ways to improve my health and hopefully reverse the latest diagnosis
  • for the offers of support from friends  (especially Joy) and my close family
  • for a warm and cosy home

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise: {avoids eye contact, watches the tumbleweed instead}
  • Weight: weigh day will be Saturdays. I have my starting weight which isn't as bad as I was expecting. It's still horrendous and there is a long way to go, but it could be worse ... trying to find a positive here! 

Comments

  1. I really like this week's list of reasons to be cheerful and that's a good list of things to be grateful, too. I am sure you will be able to manage the weight loss and the other health issues over time. Awareness is the first step. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good week even with the health scare. I'm feeling positive about getting my weight down and reversing the threat of diabetes. I'm grateful that I have had the warning so it's up to me to improve the situation now.

      Delete
  2. Another lovely,. positive p[ost. I really look forward to your Sunday recaps. Wishing you well for the coming week. xx
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It's been a good week and I am hopeful that the coming week will be just as good. xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a very good week, Eileen. I'm glad you had a week free from migraines. I know how they can disrupt everything.

    Hope you have another wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. It's been the first migraine free week for months and I'm hoping it'll be the same this week.

      Hope you have a great week too. xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good week with much to be grateful for. Getting your weight down will be rewarding in many ways. It doesn't take much to make a difference. (Some weeks are meant to be exercise-free. Trust me on that lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the weight loss will make a huge difference ... plus it will mean lots of new clothes 😁

      I appreciate your assurance that some days are meant to be exercise free but the next 99 must have at least 30 minutes a day - I'm joining Joy in a 100 day exercise challenge. Why don't you join us?

      Delete
  5. A lot to be thankful for. What a great list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts