Saturday

I'm fed up with the weather. It rained on and off all day yesterday and today looks like more of the same so the weekend plans have changed.

A will be round later on to measure up the garage and work out the best place for everything to go. I'll be buying some new shelving but it's not needed immediately so I will hold off on that until the sales ... no point spending more than I have to! The garage isn't completely cleared yet but I'm hoping either A or my neighbour will be able to help with the final trip to the recycling yard to dispose of two of the bigger items and I will go ahead and book a slot if either of them can. The rest of my stuff will eventually go on the new shelving but it'll be fine where it is for now and my friends only have one more car load of their things to collect which clears the other side of the space. I contacted a reclamation yard to see if they'd buy any of the things for sale and they've asked for photos so that's the next job but probably a job for tomorrow or Monday.

Apart from that it'll be a normal quiet day at home. I started reading Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton last night and can't wait to get back to the story but before that happens I need to start a chicken stew concoction in the slow cooker so that I have something ready for tonight's meal, and also put the first load of washing in so I have some clean clothes to wear.

We've given up on the tea party in the garden tomorrow so are meeting via Zoom this evening ... a bring your own party instead šŸ˜

Comments

  1. We have had so much rain here I'm fed up with it too. The mornings seem to start off OK then when the rain starts it really comes down heavily for the rest of the day. I hope you manage to get your washing dry. I prefer to dry mine on the line outdoors rather than use the tumble dryer, nothing better than fresh air. Enjoy your weekend and tea party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a washing line and usually use a drying rack indoors but there's no room for that as the plants on the trolley are taking up that space so it'll have to be the tumble dryer today.

      Thanks, and hope you have a good weekend too x

      Delete
  2. The weather here is quite cold and rainy. I hope we can go for a walk in the afternoon without the umbrella. That's the only plan for today.
    Enjoy your quiet day at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that the rain holds off so you can have your afternoon walk.

      I'm enjoying my day thanks ... it's lunchtime and I haven't got dressed yet so it's turning into a pyjamas day!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear the rain is upsetting your weekend plans! Move over here - no rain to speak of in the forecast for days and weeks to come! :D Enjoy your Zoom tea party! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a good day despite the rain ... we're used to it over here! The Zoom meal was a lovely way to round off my celebration week. Back to normal on Monday!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts