Tuesday

I only took one week out for a staycation and I seem to have lost the plot! I was busy-ish for most of yesterday but can't honestly say what I did ... lots of things started and nothing finished so I'm feeling a bit frustrated as all I achieved was to create extra work for myself. Today is all about clearing up yesterday's mess!

I think the issue is the delay in getting myself started on the morning's chores. This is partly because of the time spend updating my blog, reading others, commenting, etc., and the time spent on dealing with emails, some of which can take up a big chunk of time. I've been doing both of these first thing but am going to move them round to see if it will improve how the day pans out for me; blogging stuff will move to the evening and emails/admin will fit in after I've finished the rest of the daily chores - I'll start this from tomorrow so don't worry when there isn't an early morning post.

Another plant turned up yesterday and that definitely it for new plants for this year ... I think! I can't remember what it's called but this is one with winter berries to provide some interest during the colder months and it's destined for one of the bigger pots on the patio. It's outside waiting for M so I'll find it's name ready for the next garden update post

There's nothing else in the diary for today so I'd like to get out for a walk later this morning. I should be finished with the tidying up by 10 o'clock so will have time to grab some fresh air before the promised thunderstorm that's heading our way for the afternoon. I'm looking forward to the walk but not looking forward to the thunderstorm!

I'm slowly working my way though my Ancestry DNA matches and will carry on with that this afternoon. It's proving to be an interesting exercise. Of the ones I've looked at so far, the majority are linked to my maternal grandmother's line which is the one I've done the most research on, but I have identified 2nd cousins on my maternal grandfather's line and on my paternal grandmother's line so I am hoping to contact some more cousins once I've done a bit more research. I tend to lose track of time when I'm working on the family tree so whether anything else gets done during the afternoon and evening is anybody's guess!

Comments

  1. Your routine sounds much like mine, I like my quiet time online in a morning. The Ancestry research is fascinating but time consuming but no bad thing to make time pass quickly. I hope your new routine works well for you. The sun is shining here and I've not heard about a thunderstorm, hopefully it won't be too bad if it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get all the chores and boring bits done and out of the way first and then enjoy the rest of the day with a clear conscience. Whether it'll work or not will be obvious by the end of the week I'd think.

      It's started raining but no thunder and the moment so hopefully they got that part wrong!

      Delete
  2. Good morning, I do most of my PC work first thing, as then I know that once it's done, the rest of my day is my own to do as I please. I'll be putting my tomato plants in larger containers but may keep them under cover for a few more days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need it round the other way so the housework and boring stuff is done first, leaving the rest of the day to please myself.

      I don't really have room for bigger containers so they either have to be planted outside or do their best in their baby pots. I'll let M decide!

      Delete
  3. Blogging and emails do take quite a bit of time, don't they? I try to reply to blog comments in the morning, then, read other blogs and comment on them, and finally update my own blog in the evenings. Housework tends to get slotted in between, except, these days, when I am perfecting the art of being a lady of leisure! LOL! Daughter is doing only the absolute essentials, which means keeping the litter box cleaned and the dishes done. I am really not asking her to do anything more as she has her hands full with working and taking care of me. I hope you are able to turn your schedule around to suit you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blog takes up a lot of time but it's something I enjoy doing so I want to find a better time to do it. Re-reading some of the old posts you have commented on made me realise that I used to make much more effort with the posts and I'd really like to get back to that. Also it'll be better to have the chores out of the way early so I can enjoy whatever I choose to do without that nagging knowledge that I still have the daily chores to clear. It may not work out but I think it's worth a try

      I'm so glad you have your daughter with you during this difficult time. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts