Wednesday

Yesterday started well but fizzled out around four o'clock in the afternoon. I caught up with the cleaning from Monday and made a start on the living room but I decided it was too windy for both the planned garden centre shopping extravaganza trip, and the walk to explore the other end of this estate. This turned out to be a good decision for a couple of reasons ... the return of the rain, but mainly because by 4 o'clock I admitted defeat and took myself off to bed. I don't know if it was a migraine or a pressure headache from the wind but I couldn't focus on anything and bed really was the best place to be. I feel much better today but will have an easy-ish day anyway. 

This morning there are a couple of online classes which I don't want to miss - nutrition club followed by the happiness hub - so a couple of hours relaxing and listening to subjects that interest me. There's nothing in the diary for this afternoon so I'm hoping to catch up with phone calls as I missed a couple from L yesterday and this evening I'm expecting my monthly supermarket delivery. I decided to go ahead and order just in case I have a bad reaction to the vaccination on Thursday as stocks are low on quite a few essentials.

I didn't get to the garden centre so will probably leave it until next week now. M hasn't confirmed for Friday yet but even if I don't buy the roses this week there will still be plenty for her to do. The rest of the front garden needs to be cleared and there are some (quite a few actually!) summer bulbs to be planted in the back garden, plus I've been notified that the patio fruit tree has been despatched so that can go in one of the existing pots if it does arrive in time. There's also all the plants on the trolley (reminds me of that  Victoria Wood sketch!) but I think it may still be too early for them to go outside ... M suggested mid to end of May last time she was here. 

Comments

  1. The weather has been dreadful and although I'm no gardener I do think it would be wise to leave the plants another two or three weeks. I'm glad you're feeling better today, enjoy your classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back to normal today, thanks. I'm no gardener either so I am relying on M to know what to do. I just buy the plants, decide where they have to go and then sit back and wait for the pretty flowers!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you did the wise thing to go to bed when you did! Hope you are feeling better, today. Yes, do take it easy and relax. Sounds like there will be plenty of things for M to do on Friday, even without you going to the garden center for the roses, etc. Hope you'll have a good day and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm inclined to think the headache was weather related rather than a proper migraine but either way, I'm glad it's gone. I haven't really moved from the sofa much today, so it is definitely easy and relaxing!

      Delete
  3. This wind has been horrible, so much is getting damaged. I think you made a wide decision and I'm really glad you're feeling better today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind was awful wasn't it. A neighbour lost a fence panel, never to be seen again, but luckily there's no damage in my garden.

      I'm back to normal today, thanks. If I feel okay after the vaccination tomorrow I may drop by the garden centre on my way home just to buy the roses.

      Delete
  4. I tend to go with mid to end of May. It always used to be during the half term break.
    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better but also glad that you are taking things easy today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back to normal today but have still taken it easy ... a lady of leisure reclining on the sofa!

      There's no point rushing the planting now so will follow M's advice. You, alone with a few others, are saying the same thing ... I'll know for next year.

      Delete
  5. It is amazing how well tuned you are to your body's needs & that you heed that advice. Hopefully taking care of the possible migraine yesterday makes today a good day. I'm planning on an easy day myself, one of those "in case" decisions. It will be left overs for dinner tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, today is good and there are no signs of the headache at all. I think it must have been weather related rather than an actual migraine.

      I'm having pizza tonight, assuming the delivery arrives on time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts