Wednesday

Yesterday was spent tucked up at home, pottering about and just generally enjoying myself. Despite agreeing that my sister wouldn't bring the books round they duly arrived, delivered by my brother in law on his way home from seeing his own sister. There's a good selection this time and three of them were on my 'would like to read' list so I can't say I don't have anything to read. I've started on 'The Museum of Desire' by Jonathan Kellerman - I haven't read one of his for quite a while now but used to really enjoy them, and this one has sucked me into the story straight away.


The patio apple tree arrived and I also received notification that the patio cherry tree has been despatched so I'm hoping that gets here in time for M's next visit. I've ordered the bulk bag of topsoil which should turn up in 3 or 4 days, so all I have left to do is buy the additional pots/planters which I will aim to do before the weekend.

I had a long chat with J. We decided against meeting up because of the weather and opted to stick to our usual phone chat. We'll try for a meet up in a couple of weeks. 

The rest of the day was taken up with reading and also a bit of list making. Joy wrote about her new bucket list yesterday: 

I had the idea to list three things that I would like to do, one within the next 7 days, one within the next month, and one within the next 12 months. And do this on a weekly basis. Please feel free to join in if it takes your fancy.

I like the idea and will be joining Joy on this, but have decided that my list will focus on things that make me leave the house and spent time outdoors, either on my own or with other people. I'm in staycation mode so won't start until next week and my first three things will be:

  • In the next 7 days: if weather permits, walk along the canal to photograph the lambs in the field but if it's too wet then a drive out and a car picnic
  • In the next month:  if the crypt is reopened, a trip to Winchester Cathedral to see the Antony Gormely statue, Sound II. If not, then a trip to Bristol to see one of the graffiti trails.
  • In the next 12 months: attempt some bird photography either in Calne (mandarin ducks), BoA (kingfisher), Corsham (peacocks), or Trowbridge cemetery (all sorts)
I have a whole list of things that I noted during lockdown that I promised myself I would do or see 'one day' so this will be a great way of working through that list and ticking things off.

Today would have been Ced's birthday so I will speak to his brother later and then probably tune into the weekly Nutrition Club. This afternoon I have an appointment with my book and the sofa, and then I'll use a Spice Tailor kit to conjure up an Indian meal for this evening, close the curtains and have a night at the (online) theatre. I still have to make my final choice but it's a choice of Hamilton, if it's still available on Disney Plus, Les Miserables, or Les Choristes.

Comments

  1. Plenty of books there to keep you occupied and the weather is so unpredictable right now staying at home on the sofa is a good idea. We had a very heavy downpour of rain yesterday with rumbles of thunder. Bucket lists are a good idea and splitting them into achievable bits is the way to go. Enjoy your day and night at the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had some thunder yesterday. Today was supposed to be sunny but it rained earlier on so it's tricky to know what to do. I'm happy to be indoors, mainly because of the cold - I don't mind getting wet but can't do with getting cold!

      Bucket list motivate me. I see this one as a good way of encouraging myself to start opening up my life again and start looking outside of the house for ways to enjoy myself.

      Delete
  2. That is such a good idea to write a list of nice things to do outside. I'm always writing lists of things I need to accomplish around the house and garden but totally neglect places I would like to visit. I hope you have a lovely day today and thinking of you on what would have been Ced's birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keen to be getting out and about again but am carrying quite a bit of anxiety about it all the same as we emerge from lockdown. I hoping this bucket list will encourage me to break through that anxiety and open up my life again to all the possibilities out there!

      Delete
  3. We were just talking about "things we'd like to do after lockdown lifts & 2nd jabs". The Memories song from Cats came on the radio & we talked about the musicals I've seen & said to everyone's surprise, Cats is not my favourite, Les Miserables is & the music still makes me teary. Mr Man surprised me by saying he'd like to see Phantom of the Opera! I have seen. WOW, things that are revealed during a pandemic life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Les Mis has to be my favourite of all time and that's the one I'll be watching tonight. I don't like Cats either though love the song, Memories. I like most of the songs from Phantom but am not too bothered about watching the full musical again - I've seen it a few times but it doesn't have enough to make me want to watch it again.

      It is interesting what you learn about others, often such a complete surprise and not the response you were expecting at all!

      Delete
  4. That looks like enough good reads to keep you busy for a while. I love having a stack of books I haven't read on-hand. It's a comfort somehow lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was reading at my usual speed these would be read in just under three weeks. Sadly, I've really slowed down and I doubt I'll get through this pile before the next bag of book arrives! I do like having lots of books though ... I agree, it is a comfort!

      Delete
  5. I love your bucket list ideas. Sending you good and positive vibes for them. You can do this.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I do feel anxious about going out so this will be a fun way of motivating myself to rebuild my confidence. xx

      Delete
  6. I hope you've had a good day, today, Eileen. Nice of your b-i-l to drop off the books and hope both your patio fruit trees arrive by M's next visit. I like the bucket list ideas! Within the next 7 days, I'd like to be able to walk from my bedroom to the bathroom and back without pain! Within the next month, I'd like to be able to see my doctor (scheduled for May 25). Within the next 12 months, I'd like to be able to be well enough to pick fruits from my garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both patio trees are here now so I don't need to worry about them anymore.

      The bucket list should be fun to motivate myself. That's the idea anyway. I do hope you have the pain under control before the 7 days. I know how awful sciatica can be and I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you. xx

      Delete
  7. Hope you enjoy your pile of books. Thanks for sharing the photo. I'm always interested in titles I have not read. Good idea to have a what to do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. If you use Facebook, the 'Good Housekeeping Book Room' group is a great source for reading recommendations.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts