Saturday

 In the garden ...


... the sweet pea has produced its very first flower and the red rose has two new blooms.

I stayed at home yesterday to avoid the heat but as the day progressed it turned out to be much cooler with a lovely refreshing breeze. I did think about going out in the afternoon but just couldn't summon up the energy! I watched part of the Olympic Opening Ceremony instead but don't know that I will bother to watch many of the actual sporting events. I do like the gymnastics, equestrian events, and some of the athletics, but am not an avid fan like my sister and BiL - I will have to choose very carefully when to phone while the Olympics are on if I want them to answer the phone!

Most of yesterday was spent switching between reading and family tree research (still trying to prove or disprove what looks like a bigamous marriage), and I think today will be more of the same. We are forecast thunderstorms for today and also for tomorrow. I vaguely heard some rain during the night though don't know how much or whether it is set in for the day. I'm not too bothered as I don't have anything special planned and the gardens could do with a good soaking. I went out for an early evening walk around the marina for yesterday's walk and will try for the same today. I also participated in an online exercise class yesterday, which was just challenging enough for my current level of fitness and I'll aim to make it a regular event. Today I will join in with a Tai Chi class - I struggle to remember the movements so am starting again with a beginners class and hope I do better this time! 

Comments

  1. Once they get going, you won't know where to put them all. I hope you have plenty of little vases.
    I hope you enjoy the Tai Chi class. That's something I've never tried.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's plenty of little vases and jugs ... I'm ready for the flower picking!

      I've enjoyed the bits of Tai Chi I've done before. I'm trying out a different online class this time, starting from scratch to see if I can retain the flow of the movements this time. The bits I've done have definitely helped to improve my flexibility.

      Delete
  2. The sweet pea flower is beautiful and so are your red roses. Sounds like you had a good day, yesterday, and I hope that today will be another good day. Hope you enjoy the Tai Chi class. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying another peaceful day. It's raining on and off but thankfully it's much cooler so generally more pleasant all round.

      I got the day wrong for the Tai Chi - it's tomorrow, though I was convinced I did it on Saturday last week. Never mind, it's something to look forward to for tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Still no rain here and although not quite as hot as previous days it's still too hot for me. Your flowers are beautiful. Enjoy your Tai Chi class today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just started raining again here and it's definitely cooled down, just a high of 20C today, with more rain on the cards for tomorrow. I hope some of it comes your way soon.

      I confused myself and the Tai Chi is tomorrow, not today, but it should be good fun. I've tried it before but this will be the first time with this particular class.

      Hope you have a good weekend, despite the heat.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts