Friday

In the garden ...


... there are always raindrops to enjoy on a rainy day! 

I failed miserably with my decluttering plans for yesterday because the piano was calling my name, but on the plus side I did make good progress on the piano pieces I've chosen for this week! I did remember to watch the Indian cooking demo. This week it was butter chicken which is usually too rich for me but she showed us how to make a dairy free alternative by making a cashew paste to replace the cream, so I will test the recipe out once I have all the ingredients.

This morning has to be some housework, renew my car tax, and get those adverts placed and, if it is sunny as promised this afternoon, I'm hoping to meet L for a walk and a chat.

*************************

My September decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = 2 stained storage boxes (to be recycled)
  • 2nd = a band fleece (only worn once so returning it to the band as I will never wear it again) 
  • 3rd = 3 sci-fi books (gifting to L)
  • 4th = digital photo frame (never used, sold to H)
  • 5th = a measuring jug (to be donated as I never use it)
  • 6th = a band tie (returning to the band)
  • 7th = unused greetings cards (I'm unlikely to use them so they will be donated)
  • 8th = a pair of shoes (one of the heels is wobbly, so only fit for the bin)
  • 9th = discoloured drinks bottle (in recycling bin)
  • 10th = one of the music bags I used for teaching (to be donated)

Comments

  1. No day is wasted if there's music (IMO). Beautiful flowers in the garden. Cashew paste sounds tasty as a substitute for dairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cashew paste is a useful tip and, as well as the flavour, it adds a creaminess and also acts as a thickener so is useful to know for other recipes as well.

      Delete
  2. Hi Eileen,
    I love the flowers with the raindrops!
    yours are loving!
    I hope your plans are reached.
    I wish you an excellent weekend.
    ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. I hope you have a good weekend too. x

      Delete
  3. Your flowers and photos and beautiful. I hope it turned out to be a sunny afternoon for your walk and chat,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. We opted to meet at a cafe (in a barn) instead ... too wet to be outside, but we had a good time and have caught up on all the news.

      Delete
  4. I love butter chicken, since I first had it in Aurangabad. I am sure I had it once here, at the local Indian restaurant, but have not been able to find it for years. Even when you ask, they look at you blankly.
    I'm more than happy to volunteer to be your chief taster (no charge).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your offer of being my chief taster but this version of the recipe contains tomatoes so, thinking of what's best for you of course, I will have to decline your offer and eat it all myself!

      Delete
  5. "Rain drops on roses" and other flowers, too! :D No rain over here. It's 95F and the garden is baking! M will water it this evening, though.

    Spending a morning playing the piano sounds good to me. The decluttering can wait! Sounds like you've a productive morning today, though, and glad you were able to meet up with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A woman after my own heart ... the decluttering can wait. Luckily I seem to have other people selling things for me so I just have to accept the money ... I heard last night that the model aeroplane stuff has sold via one of my late partner's friends before I even placed the adverts for it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts