Saturday

M was here yesterday and tidied up the garden. One of the new plants has been planted in its permanent home as it won't be affected by the work to replace the fencing. The other three plants, all climbers, have been planted on in pots for now and will be moved to their permanent homes once the new fence is in place. We had a long chat about the existing plants, debating whether to lift them nearer the time but no decision has been reached yet as it depends on the type of fencing we decide on - hopefully I'll have more idea when I see her in two weeks time. What we have decided is that, because the majority of the pots will need to be moved to provide easy access to the fence, it'll be the ideal time to power wash the patio or at least that part of the patio. The grouting part can also be done then but that's weather dependent so we'll wait and see.

The other M, the choir director, sent an email yesterday advising that people who feel unable to return to in-person rehearsals can have access to the music on the website at a reduced fee. I wonder if this is in response to some of the members saying they are not ready to go back yet. Anyway I'm taking up the offer as it includes access to vocal tracks, piano accompaniments and all the sheet music so I will still learn be able to learn the new songs and won't be behind the rest if and when I do return. There won't actually be a weekly online practice but the resources available will be a good substitute for now. The new to me online SATB choir starts today so I also have that to enjoy as well.

It's Baby R's first birthday today. Family will be going to see him today but I've spoken to his parents and will be leaving my visit until next week - apart from his grandparents he hasn't really seen many of the family in his short life so I think a lot of visitors in one go may be too much for him, and anyway I'll get him all to myself if I delay visiting! 

*************************

My September decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = 2 stained storage boxes (to be recycled)
  • 2nd = a band fleece (only worn once so returning it to the band as I will never wear it again) 
  • 3rd = 3 sci-fi books (gifting to L)
  • 4th = digital photo frame (never used, sold to H)

Comments

  1. I hope your neighbour comes back with a suitable quote and you can get the fencing replaced soon and M can get on with the planned jobs. Does sound like folks aren't ready for in-person rehearsals and entirely sensible to learn online. Happy birthday to baby R, it's been a strange first year for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbour is hopefully getting the quotes today so we should be able to make a decision on what we want.

      I'd be surprised if everyone felt ready to return to rehearsals this soon but M is offering a good alternative and that suits me for now.

      It's definitely been a strange year for R. He's a gorgeous little boy and I'm looking forward to getting to know him.

      Delete
  2. Good idea to put the plants in pots for now. Hopefully, your neighbor will be able to get the quotes soon and the work will take place before long. :)

    The access to the choir music, etc., online sounds like a good alternative, to me. Hope you have fun with the new online choir, too. :)

    Happy first birthday to Baby R! Enjoy your visit with him, next week. :)

    Glad to see you continuing to post your decluttering! I pulled out a book of knitting projects to declutter, yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be good to get it done as soon as possible but I suppose it depends on the availability of the fencing components, apparently in short supply, and how busy the contractor is. Hopefully my neighbour will have some news for me soon.

      I'm quite happy with the online choir and with access to the other choir's music to practice with. I found a third possibility for another online choir if either of these don't work out.

      I'll have my first proper cuddle with baby R next week ... can't wait!

      I decided that it motivates me to list my decluttering efforts. Well done on your continued efforts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts