Saturday

M was here yesterday and we had quite a long chat about next year's planting. I won't reveal the plans in any detail now, except to say that we both agreed that there isn't room in any of the flower beds for new plants, except the ones that have already been agreed on but can't be ordered until next year. There is some scope for perennials in pots but we both thought it would be better to wait until next year for those. So, M planted up the cyclamen, scared the weeds into submission and went on her way. Twenty minutes later I started getting texts from her ... she'd called in at a garden centre on her way home ... and about half an hour later she was back in my garden to plant up my newly purchased perennials. She is such a bad influence on me!

Echinacea Southern Belle
Penstemon Garnet
Penstemon Plum Jerkum

Usually I'm the one to impulse buy plants but these are beautiful and are perfect for what we'd been discussing, so I'm happy with my choices, achieved via our WhatsApp video call. M was a little anxious that she may have pushed me into buying earlier than I wanted to but I assured her that I was perfectly happy to have new plants, especially knowing that she couldn't tell me off for buying them! 

As a result of the second unplanned visit by M I missed most of the nutrition focus on brain health but it will be repeated at some stage so I'll have an opportunity to catch up.

It turned out to be a lovely day and was warm enough to sit out in the garden, so I fought the strange urge I had to do some housework and spent the rest of the afternoon outside in the sunshine. I read for a while, but mostly just sat and enjoyed being outside.  

Today I'm looking forward to a quiet day and won't be venturing too far from home ... just over to the marina and back for my morning walk. There's nothing I want to watch on TV but I may rent a film for this evening's viewing and hopefully, if the promised rain holds off, I can spend the afternoon in the garden again.

Comments

  1. For not having enough room for additional plants, you didn't do too badly! LOL! There's always room to squeeze in another plant, or two, or three. They look like they'll be lovely additions to your garden. Hope you have a wonderful day, today. Hope you have a rain free afternoon in the garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three new plants are in pots. Those pots were put aside for the new spring bulbs so now I have work out where the bulbs can go! I'm trying to avoid spending money on more pots until I know how much the fencing will cost.

      Thanks Bless. Since I wrote this post I've changed my mind and will be glad of some rain ... just enough so I can be excused watering duties!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful additions to your garden. It's so nice to be able to sit out in the garden and enjoy the warmth of the sun and your lovely garden, I've been sitting out too, just relaxing. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Great minds think alike! It's a different way of relaxing isn't it, and so pleasant while there is still plenty of colour in the garden still. Hope you have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  3. This made me laugh. There's never a time for no more plants, is there - one can always find room somewhere! Good for M.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me laugh too! She saw the echinacea and thought of me, and then one thing led to another ... you know how it goes 😂

      Delete
  4. I love penstemon and they are very easy to take cuttings from.. love the colours that you have. My favourite is Sour Grapes a cutting I brought with me from Suffolk and is flowering beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just Googled the sour grapes variety ... it's a gorgeous colour and will fit in perfectly with my other plants. Many thanks - I've added it to the list for next year's purchases.

      Delete
  5. Hello Eileen,
    Wonderful those flowers in your garden!
    Are beautiful!
    There's nothing like being able to enjoy the outdoors and sun in the garden.
    Make the most of it!
    I wish you a good weekend.
    Hugs,
    Aiiime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. My garden has given me so much pleasure this year and the new plants are just the icing on the cake.

      Hope you have a good weekend too x

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flowers! Hope you have a relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With a garden as beautiful as yours, I'm not sure how you manage to do housework, ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the garden - that's all down to M, my gardener, and her hard work. I've decided I'm allergic to housework so avoid it whenever I can! 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts