Thursday

 


My laptop is all sorted! I transferred all my files to an external drive (and I have all the regular back ups anyway but best to be sure!) and did a complete overhaul with a clean reinstall, updating drivers where necessary and so far I've only re-installed the software I use regularly, so MS Word, Lightroom, Google Chrome and the anti virus and family tree ones. It's all working fine at present so I will leave well alone and see how it goes!

I'm having a quiet-ish day at home. This morning I tidied the kitchen and watered the garden then finished messing about with the laptop. It's the Indian cookery class later on (Spiced Methi Parathas), and then I'll try to catch up with blog comments.

Comments

  1. Good to know you've sorted your laptop, I wouldn't have had a clue how to do all that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well document on the internet and luckily I have family members who understand all that sort of stuff if I get stuck, although this time I managed without any help!

      Delete
  2. Hello Eileeen,
    Great that you managed to complete your tasks successfully!
    I wish you a very calm day.
    Hugs,
    aiime
    (The flower is beautiful. Is it from your garden?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. Yes, it's a marguerite. It's an annual and the first time I've grown it but I will plant it again next year.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous that you managed the fixes with your computer with minimal downtime. Interesting close up photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just relieved that I managed to get it sorted out. I've ended up removing all the music publishing software I used when teaching but no longer need and that's made a big difference.

      Delete
  4. Well done on getting your computer sorted! I'm impressed! I usually ask my daughter to do that for me because I have no idea what do to! Beautiful closeup of the flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea how to do this of thing until my late partner's friend taught me what to do. This was years ago so things have changed but I can usually work it out with guidance from the internet. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts