Tuesday, 28th September

In the garden ...


I have two lots of good news to share today. Most importantly, my sister is continuing to improve and likens it to recovery from flu and, just as good, my BiL and myself both have negative test results.

The lady buying the saxophone has postponed collection to next week, which I'm happy with, but the doll's house left the house yesterday. I felt quite empty for a while after they left with it but I know it's the right decision and it is going to a good home ... they are very excited about owning it and have promised photos of the completed makeover when their daughters see it on Christmas Day. The doll's house had been standing on top of the dining room table leaving no space for anything else so I tidied the room afterwards and can now resume eating my meals at the table again. I also found a few more things stored on the chairs that were squeezed against the wall; I'd forgotten these items were there so I need to get them advertised/donated as appropriate. 

The style class continued with body shape and tips for dealing with problem areas - we discussed how to disguise tummy, arms, and/or busts, talking about the things to do and things to avoid. As usual it's not straight forward but there is plenty of information about this subject on the internet. We also started identifying our face shapes (heart, diamond, square, round, oval, or rectangle), but ran out of time in this session so will continue the subject next time and discuss which glasses shape is best for each face shape. 

I didn't make a start on any of the mini projects yesterday. Lazyitis won in the end so, apart from sorting the dining room, I had a relaxing day. I even cheered to myself when it started to rain because it meant I wouldn't have to water the garden! Another batch of online auctions finished over the weekend so I have parcels to pack up and get in the post, but some things didn't sell so I will try advertising them on a different site to see if I have more luck. That's what I'll be up to today.

Comments

  1. Such good news having negative test results and to read your sister is recovering. I can imagine the delight of the two young girls seeing their doll's house on Christmas morning. I know you're sad to see it go but it will bring much pleasure in it's new home. I got cracking on my sorting yesterday although it took me until 3 p.m. to get started! So important to be comfortable with your glasses and know what suits your face shape. Hope listing your items for sale again brings more success for you next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their excitement about the doll's house helped enormously and I love the fact that it's going to belong to twin girls. I'm okay about it now.

      Well done on doing your sorting. You've done better than me - I couldn't get started at all!

      I'll be interested to see what she says about glasses in tomorrow's class. It's proved to be a fascinating course and I'm glad I signed up for it even though I won't implement all of the advice.

      Delete
  2. So glad to read that the PCR test came negative and your sister is recovering well.

    Beautiful flowers! The fuchsia is my favorite!

    Glad the doll's house has been collected and you have room on your dining table! It must have been hard to let it go, but, I imagine it will be well received by two little girls this Christmas.

    That's fine if you didn't get started on the mini projects. You sorted out your dining room and that was enough for one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks re my sister.

      The dining room seems empty now the doll's house has gone but, although I'm sad, it is for the best. It was huge and a constant reminder of how the MND affected our lives.

      I'm quite impressed that I did some housework!

      Delete
  3. Lazyitis sounds perfect to me! :-)
    I'm glad the tests came back negative and that your sister is getting better. Also that at least the doll's house has gone. It all helps and it will be well loved, I am sure.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be suffering from lazyitis rather a lot lately, but sometimes you just have to don't you! 😂

      Thanks re the tests and sister. The doll's house going was harder than I was expecting but it's for the best and I know their little daughters will love it. That helps.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos from your garden, which seems to be going strong in bloom. I can only imagine the mixed range of feelings over the doll house, but as you say, it is going to a home that will bring two little girls much joy. This could be your Marie Kondo moment as releasing the dollhouse sparked joy :)

    Glad to hear yours & your BiL's tests are negative, sending wishes for a speedy recovery for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still plenty in bloom in the garden but autumn is definitely here so it won't be too long before the frosty weather makes an appearance so I'm appreciating it while I can.

      From what the parents were saying, I think it's going to bring them just as much pleasure as it will the girls.

      Thanks for the good wishes xx

      Delete
  5. HI Eileen
    So beautiful your flowers!
    I loved all of them!
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts