Tuesday

In the garden ...


... the top photo gives a better idea of the creamy colour of the new rose, which will gradually fade to white. The red rose is flowering again, and the hibiscus is providing some colour on the other side of the garden.

Yesterday's style class was about visualising your style and thinking about the aesthetics you'd like to move towards. The session was taken up with ways of creating vision boards and choosing the method that works for you. It boils down to a choice of a scrapbook, a pin board, or a digital pin board and most of the session was taken up with a demo of how Pinterest works. The challenge for this week is to start your own wish list using whichever method you prefer. I initially thought I wouldn't bother but I have been looking at various ideas, info on body shapes, colour analysis, etc., so have amassed a lot of links in my reading list and Pinterest offers a better way of organising them so I may start creating a wish list and see how I get on. I've used the site in the past so I know it can also be a massive time waster and I seem to remember there was some issue about copyright and liability which is the reason I stopped using it, but ... it would help with this and also with filing my ever growing collection of recipes, so I may have another go.

I went for an early evening walk around town aiming to take some of the photos I need for the SPSH and my monthly challenge. It turned out to be quite a successful trip but obviously I can't show the photos yet.

The highlight of today is obviously the first piano lesson with C. I've done my practice so feel reasonably confident that I won't make a complete fool of myself the first time she 'meets' me! It's an online session so that'll be something else to get used to but taking everything into account, I'm really excited and am looking forward to it. I'll report back on how it goes tomorrow! 

That's at 10:30 am and once it's finished I have a couple of parcels to sent. One is to return the red pots that should have been blue - it seems to be too difficult to swap them for the blue pots I ordered so am returning them at their expense for a full refund. The other one is to the Vintage Cash Cow company to see what they will offer me for the contents, which is an assortment of vintage 'stuff'. I've dealt with this company before and was pleased with the price they offered me that time so am hopeful for an equally good deal this time. If I don't want to accept the offer they will return the items to me at their cost, and as they paid for the postage for me to send the parcel to them in the first place, I won't be out of pocket.

This afternoon I have a few bits of shopping to do in the retail park on the far side of town so afterwards will carry on and spend the rest of the afternoon either visiting H (still waiting to hear if she'll be in) or have a look around Edington Priory.

*************************


My September decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = 2 stained storage boxes (to be recycled)
  • 2nd = a band fleece (only worn once so returning it to the band as I will never wear it again) 
  • 3rd = 3 sci-fi books (gifting to L)
  • 4th = digital photo frame (never used, sold to H)
  • 5th = a measuring jug (to be donated as I never use it)
  • 6th = a band tie (returning to the band)
  • 7th = unused greetings cards (I'm unlikely to use them so will be donated)

Comments

  1. Your red rose is beautiful. I'm sure your piano lesson will go well and you'll really enjoy it. When the company receive the blue pots back will you be able to order the red ones or have you lost confidence they'll get your order right? The vintage company seem to have a good business model. Enjoy your day, it's already sunny and warm here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been difficult to get them to pay for the return so I just want to get my money back and then not deal with them again. There are plenty of other places I can get similar pots from so I will still be able to have all the spring bulbs in blue pots.

      Hope you have a good day too. They're suggesting that it could get as hot as 30°C here so I hope they've got that wrong!

      Delete
  2. The new roses are lovely! I really like your hibiscus, too. Looking forward to hearing how your first piano lesson goes! I'm sure you'll do very well; hope there won't be any technical difficulties. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The internet has been out most of the morning and has just come back on so am feeling stressed before I start!

      Delete
  3. Ah the perils of Pinterest ... I know them well! But my wardrobe board is quite interesting to me when I look back on the things I've pinned. Good luck & have fun with creating one for yourself. The flowers are gorgeous. Your hibiscus looks very much like a flowering shrub we call Rose of Sharon, but as they say a rose by any other name ... I hope all goes well with the first piano lesson today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the hibiscus and Rose of Sharon are in the same family. This is a double hibiscus 'Chiffon'.

      I'm still dithering about using Pinterest again but I suppose it won't use up any more of my time than the searches I will be doing anyway.

      The piano lesson was a success. I'm pleased with how I played and what she has suggested for the way forward. 😊

      Delete
  4. Such lovely roses!
    I've never got into Pinterest so what you say sounds intriguing and haw useful to have a lesson about it to start you off.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember how much time I wasted on Pinterest when I used it before so I will have to be disciplined about it! It is a useful tool for this sort of thing though. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts