Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • receiving videos from the Mum of two sister I used to teach to play flute and clarinet, so I could see their progress
  • selling some more things, and especially agreeing the sale of the saxophone
  • meeting with L for coffee 
  • loving my first piano lesson with C
  • attending one of the Heritage Open Days and seeing around St Mary's Church in Devizes, and as I walked back to my car ...
  • ... bumping into LS who I haven't seen for years - we first met years ago when we played in the same band for a while and a couple of her children were in the Youth Band
  • visiting Caen Hill locks - I didn't stay for long because there was an aggressive dog barely under the control of its owners but I did get to see the locks again ... I've spent lots of happy times there!


I am grateful ...
  • for the support of family and friends
  • to be secure financially and to have the funds to achieve a lifelong dream ... learning to play the piano
  • to have received my annual flu vaccination


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 45 minutes daily walk. Achieved 
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
I'm not giving up on the Tai Chi but my knee still isn't stable enough, so for now it's on the back burner and I have increased the walking instead.
  • weight: no idea, I need to replace the battery in the scales! It doesn't feel like I've lost or gained though.

Comments

  1. Another lovely week. I so enjoy your positive reflections. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It has been a good week and I'm feeling on top of things! xx

      Delete
  2. Such lovely reasons t be cheerful and I'm so pleased your first piano lesson was such a success. Forget the scales for a week or two, no rush for a new battery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll take your advice and ignore the scales for a while, at least until I've seen my GP again.

      It's been a good week and the piano lesson and subsequent practice has played a big part in that. The practice now has a purpose and things to achieve in a certain timescale, which suits my way of learning.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful reasons for being cheerful and grateful! You've had a good week, it sounds like. I'm glad you were able to visit the places you had planned to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Yes it's been a lovely week with a good balance of things going on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts