Tuesday 26th October

I'm counting yesterday as a successful day ... definitely productive and I got more done than I thought I would. I sorted through the stuff on the table - four large boxes and a huge pile of books - and decided that about a third of it can be donated to charity. That's been packed into bags ready for the next kerbside collection and for the time being is out of the way on the spare bed. There's also a big pile of children's recorder music which can go to the local primary school if they want it or to the charity shop if not - I've emailed the school and am waiting on a response. The remainder has to be sold so I've taken most of the photos ready to start placing the ads later today.

I also did a fair bit of the admin, mostly clearing emails, filing, and shredding, so that all looks better. I worked out a meal plan of sorts for the next two weeks and will be shopping for the few bits I need later tonight. 

The style class was all to do with decluttering your wardrobe! Basically the suggestion is to empty all of your clothes, shoes and accessories onto the bed, including items in the laundry basket. Have bags/boxes ready for items you can donate, sell, needs repair, or can gift, so that you can sort as you go. Try each item on and look at yourself in a full length mirror - only keep the items that are right for your body shape, fit properly, are colours you like, and are in good condition.  I feel that it's quite a black and white approach and have no plans to do this yet. I'll start looking at my clothes once the sales start whether I've decluttered my wardrobe or not!

So today is more of the same. I need to do some shopping, sort out the cards for the November birthdays, place as many adverts as I can, and finish off a couple of emails. There are no online classes today but I do need to spend some extra time practicing this week's piano piece as I'm not playing it as well as I'd like and the lesson is tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. I sort of did that a couple of years ago, when I got close to target. I didn't actually get everything out at once, just a few things at a time. It was hard work but worth it.
    Try one 'section' at a time - e.g. underwear and bed things/jumpers and T shirts/ hanging stuff . . . much more manageable although I guess you would have to hold colours, etc, in your head as you did so.

    I'm getting a bit more callous now but still find it hard to discard stuff.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your suggestion is much more manageable, thanks. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I won't be getting rid of too much just yet, only the thing that I know are too big for me now. xx

      Delete
  2. Good advice to go through the wardrobe, but not all at once for me - I'd be over whelmed in no time. Earlier in the year I did all my blouses & tops, so I'm good for a while (col). Next up the bottoms; pants/slacks & skirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the sorting when you get round to it. I've decided to start with undies, sorting and replacing as necessary.

      Delete
  3. It's very hard to get rid of clothes. I'm like you in that I need to lose some weight and reluctant to get rid of the clothes that are too small now, they will fit when I've shifted some weight although that is hard too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm okay about letting go of the clothes that are now too big. Looking at what I have apart from those - I think I'll be buying a few things to mix and match for now until I lose enough weight to wear the smaller sizes I've kept 'just in case'! I think you just have to take a practical approach. I'm hoping this weight loss pilot scheme will be the magic approach I need to get my weight back under control. Good luck with yours.
      r

      Delete
  4. Well done on all the decluttering! I'm still plugging away at it! That "empty your closet and try out everything" approach is overwhelming unless you only have a dozen or so items, in my opinion! I like the method suggested by others - one category at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. You seem to be making good progress with your decluttering efforts ... we'll both get 'there' eventually!

      Yes, I think the one category at a time approach is the way forward for me. I'll be starting with undies!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts