Friday 21st January

21/365: relaxing by candlelight

I had a lovely gentle sort of day yesterday, flitting between piano, reading, emailing/texting with family and friends, and tidying up files and bookmarks on the laptop. The swelling on my knee reduced enough to use my knee brace except I couldn't find it and after some increasingly frantic searching I remembered what had happened to it ... it broke last time it was used and the consultant decided that I didn't need a replacement, all of which means that I'll have to manage without! 

So, another day of resting to look forward to. It's the nutrition focus this morning, dealing with nutritional support for bones and muscles, so I'm hoping to pick up some useful tips. There's nothing else in the diary so I think it'll be a repeat of yesterday with maybe some time spent on the family tree as well.

The Chingri Bhapa & Pyaaz Pilau Rice recipe from yesterday's Indian cooking was very quick and easy. I had all the ingredients in, so I cooked it for my meal last night and I think it'll be a regular in future meal plans. Monica (the instructor) announced that in two weeks time she will be joined in the kitchen by Andy Yau, who is originally from Hong Kong, and they will be introducing us to some Indo-Chinese recipes, so I'm really looking forward to that and have added it to my diary.

I've arranged for the old piano to be collected on Tuesday evening so that will give me time to wash the floor in the music room before my new baby arrives on Wednesday afternoon. 😀😀

Comments

  1. Beautiful picture of the reflections of the candle holder on the walls! Sorry about the knee brace being broken and not replaced! Hope your doctor can get you a replacement! I hope your day goes well and you are able to rest your knee. I'm not sure if you should be washing floors, though, even if that is to be done next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. To be fair to the Consultant, if I'd carried on as I was I wouldn't have needed the brace. This latest fall has set me back a bit but once the swelling has gone completely I probably wouldn't have used it. It's more a confidence thing and the worry that my knee is going to give way again.

      It's a small room so if I can summon up the energy to mop the floor, it won't take long and I can probably do it sitting down!

      Delete
  2. . . . And you took some time to help a camera confused friend - so kind of you, thank you. xx
    I'm so pleased you have managed to hand on your old piano before the new one arrives. Exciting times! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to have been able to help you. The technical side of photography can be difficult to grasp at first but keep going and it will 'click' eventually, I promise.

      It's worked out well with the old piano being collected the day before the new one arrives. I don't know where I'd have put the old piano if that wasn't the case as the boxes for decluttering are taking up space in the dining room and living room. xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful reelections on the wall from your candle holder. I hope you managed to get an appointment with your doctor about your knee, seems you do need to replace he knee brace after all.
    May I ask if you have paid to view a 1921 census form yet? I did yesterday only to find there was no home address on it but I did discover my husband's grandad's place of work which was interesting, in all it was a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Still no appointment with the doctor. I don't understand why access is still so difficult - if the government are removing all restrictions, why aren't the GP back to normal as well?

      Yes, I have paid to view a 1921 census record and no, there isn't a home address. I've only paid for one and that gave me some additional information to narrow down the date of birth so I found what I needed, but the lack of address will be a problem for other searches. I won't pay to view any more of the records except as a last resort.

      Delete
  4. That is such a beautiful candle holder & good photo. Maybe a call to the consultant to say "I needed that brace replaced after all!) Hopefully the rest & ICE you are doing will keep the knee from getting any worse. Nice when you find a recipe you like the end results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The candle holder is one of a set of three but the one photographed was the only one to still have part of a votive candle in it so I'm wanting to use it up. I'll photograph all three at some stage.

      The Consultant is hospital based and I've been discharged from his care, but contact with him would have to go via my own doctor. If this latest set back doesn't heal fully my doctor will need to refer me again.

      The new recipe has been added to the 'keeper' list 😊

      Delete
  5. That candle looks amazing! I'm glad your knee is a little better but a nuisance about the brace. Do you think that you could persuade them to replace it? I'm glad that the recipe worked. I agree, a lot of the Indian recipes seem so complicated, but I'm sure that they're not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. The brace was issued for a completely different problem and for all I know it could do more harm than good to wear it for the latest upset, so no, I wouldn't ask for it to be replaced. It's a temporary solution that never completely sorts the problem so I'd like to find a way to stop all the pain and regain full strength and movement in the joint.

      I always think the recipes look complicated but Monica makes it look easy, and it is. I've cooked lots of her recipes now and they've all worked well.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photo. I bet you are really excited to get your new piano! Time has really flown by as I thought it would take longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I thought it would take a lot longer so I'm really excited that it will be here so soon.

      Delete
  7. I know I don't comment every day, but I am enjoying your daily snaps!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts