Tuesday 17th May

137/365: burgundy petunia
 

It's an out-of-the-house-being-sociable sort of day today.

Visiting Joy is the first thing in the diary and that will probably take up the rest of the morning ... we tend to forget the time when we're chatting! That's followed by flying visits to both of my nephews, to collect my Mad March Mile participation mug from M (he collected it on my behalf) and to borrow a couple of tools from A ... I'm assuming they'll both be working at home so it'll just be quick doorstep calls at each house. 

On the way home I'll grab a few bits of shopping, pack a picnic and then head straight out of the door to meet H for lunch. She'll text me later this morning to say where we're meeting up, but it'll be somewhere local to me as she's staying with her mum in Westbury this week. It looks like there'll be rain showers this afternoon so it'll most likely be the variety of picnic that's popular in UK summers ... the car picnic! When we arranged this H was talking about meeting up for a couple of hours so, if we stick to that timescale, I'll be home in time to join in with an online Zoom quiz with friends which is due to start early evening.  

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, it's been great so far x

      Delete
  2. I've participated in a lot of car picnics over the last 2 1/2 years, even during the winter. (col). Maybe you can take your Mx4 mug (Madness March Mug from M) for the drinks portion of the picnic. Sounds like a wonderful mix of social time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H came here in the end so we had an indoor picnic rather than a car one. I haven't collected my mug yet ... I ran out of time!

      Delete
  3. It all sounds absolutely brilliant. Did it all go according to plan? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of. H came here so we had an indoor picnic instead. It's been a good day xx

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful day, even if you didn't have time to collect your mug and the picnic was indoors and not outside or in the car! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day, thanks Bless. It's always lovely to see friends face to face.

      Delete
  5. I'm not sure that a car picnic isn't the best sort. There's a comfort and cosiness with the rain outside and calm and snug inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll agree with that. I've always loved car picnics x

      Delete
  6. I like the sound of a "car picnic", gives it a very different vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having car picnics. Actually, I just love picnics!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts