Memorandum Monday

Waving to Sian and all the other Monday bloggers on what has been a hectic Monday.

I've completed my 'first' day of maternity cover for the woman who took over some of my schools when I retired; I met most of the pupils for the 'first' time today as they started learning their instruments after I retired ..... let's just say it was interesting, and leave it at that! I've also completed Little Miss C's (my great niece) 'first' music lesson today; she was so excited and eager to learn - I think it is going to be the best part of my Mondays for the foreseeable future.

I have lots of 'new' things in the house.  I wrote about my newly finished playroom here and there is also a photo of my 'new' canisters and salt & pepper pots in that post as well.  Since then I've also bought a 'new' door mat for the French doors in the dining room, a 'new' kitchen bin and, in the playroom, a 'new' table for the printer to sit on.

On Friday I went to Salisbury with Julie to see Sarah Millican, the comedian. It's the 'first' time I've seen her live; she was brilliant, I just laughed the entire time she was on stage. 

Yesterday I went to Swanage for the day to see the folk festival for the 'first' time.  The town was packed with morris dancers, at least 30 - 40 groups, all in their costumes/uniforms.  It was an amazing sight on the road that runs alongside the beach, with at least six groups dancing at the same time. I spent the entire afternoon walking up and down the road trying to see as many different morris groups as possible. For the 'first' time ever I even saw a morris group dancing in the sea! Photos to follow - I took 399 photos but I got back too late last night to sort through them. 

I hope you all have a good week. 

Comments

  1. Glad Ms Millican delivered for you. I have heard wildly different reviews of her act.
    A colleague is currently in Swanage so I will have to quiz her about the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The festival at Swanage sound like fun especially the morris dancers in the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun in the week intermixed with a bit of work :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy Monday! So much for retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never actually seen real Morris Dancers. We don't have them here. I bet they are great fun to watch!

    Have a good week Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of new bits in your life - how lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts