3 in 30 Challenge - December 2011, week 3

It hasn't been a very productive week as I've been too busy getting ready for Christmas.

Goal 1: this is a long term one. I want to sort out all the photos (prints, negatives, digital files, photo albums). There are hundreds and hundreds of them all over the house. I want to store them all in the same place, catalogue them and sort out back-up for the digital stuff. This will take more than one month to complete.
Week 1 update: this is going to take months and months to complete! I've made a start on labelling and sorting some of the digital images but it's taking a lot (and I mean, a lot) longer than I had anticipated. I'll see how I get on but I may have to break this one down into smaller projects so that I can stay motivated.
Week 2 update: Still plodding on with this one.  I've decided that my initial target is to complete the labelling and sorting of all the digital images, something that will probably take me up to the end of February 2012 - yes, I take a lot of photos!

Goal 2: this is the one carried over from last month - to finish sorting out the bookmarks and obsolete files.
Week 1 update: this is just about finished. I still have to check all the memory sticks to clear out unwanted data but that should only take a couple of hours.
Week 2 update: Success, all done. 

Goal 3: this is an old one which I've resurrected as I've let progress slip. I need to update some of my qualifications - I'd originally opted to work towards a flute exam but need to review that decision and set a timescale for completion of whatever exam/instrument I decide on.
Week 1 update: well no progress so far. I've been too tired when I get home to even think about this but I plan to do some playing for enjoyment next week so hopefully I'll at least be able to decide on the instrument to work on.
Week 2 update: Well it looks like it's going to be grade 8 clarinet.  I have to buy the music for this grade so (because it is going to be relatively expensive to buy all the sheet music) I'm waiting for the January sales.  I doubt that I'll do much specific exam practice in the meantime, only scales and aural.

Linking with the 3 in 30 Challenge

Comments

  1. Great job on your goals!! And I admire you for taking them on, especially the tedious ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love your goal of organizing your pictures...You will be very proud when it is all done. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts