Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt | Decorated Tree

Today was my lucky day! I was in Bradford-on-Avon (looking for ornate door knockers to photograph) when I saw the signs for a Christmas Tree Festival. Having never heard of a Christmas Tree Festival before and not sure what to expect, I took myself off to the Holy Trinity Church to see what it was all about ... to find the church filled with 59 decorated Christmas trees.  

I'd have been daft to miss this opportunity so have taken loads of photos  just in case I need to substitute a photo using alternative B - a decorated tree in the Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt.  Here the photos and don't worry, I didn't photograph all 59 trees (actually, I did but I haven't added all 59 photos to this post!).

The first tree was photographed outside, in Westbury Gardens and is the subject of much controversy with lots of complaints that it was too gaudy and needed to be 'toned down'. This is the toned down version!  As for the rest ... I did make a note of who decorated them but by the time I got back to my car I'd lost the list ... sorry about that!





















Oh, and in case you're wondering why I was out photographing ornate door knockers - they're part of the scavenger hunt as well.  Why don't you join us? The list, and everything you need to know about the hunt, can be found here.

Comments

  1. I went to a Christmas Tree festival last week and took lots of photos - I also took some of the stained glass windows. Sadly, they didn't have a Nativity scene at the church and I stupidly forgot to even look at the ornate door knocker! I am enjoying the scavenger hunt very much. Carole R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the scavenger hunt. There isn't a link to your blog on your profile so I can't see your photos or write a comment. If you see this, please will you leave your blog address? Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Hello Eileen, lovely to meet you! I don't have a blog. However, I am going to make a mini book of my scavenger hunt photos.
    Happy hunting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you too. Thanks for explaining about your photos and lack of a blog. There is a Facebook page for this hunt as well if that's of any interest to you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts