This Week ...

Sunday 9th November

Luxury ... a lay in until 11 o'clock!  Woke up feeling refreshed and decided to get on with sorting out the music room.  I actually managed to move the piano on my own ... I can't really believe that I did it, but it's now in the room fitting perfectly into the space I'd imagined for it.  I have to admit that took all my energy, so the rest of the day I only moved from the sofa to get eats and drinks!

Watched the first episode of Intruders on BBC iPlayer and a repeat of Lewis on ITV3, then an early night.


Monday 10th November 

Teaching all day.  I finished at 3 o'clock and then settled in Calne library to read for a couple of hours.  It wasn't worth going home as I was meeting someone in Calne at 5 o'clock to give her a lift to Bath; we went for an early meal and then met up with some others to see the comedian, David Mitchell ... very funny man, it was a great evening and I have a copy of his new book as part of the ticket price.


Tuesday 11th November 

I woke up a few times during the night with a really high temperature so didn't get much sleep.  I still felt under the weather all morning so just pottered about at home in the warm.  I was teaching in the afternoon, but fortunately only had to teach one out of the usual four classes as the others were attending a Remembrance Day ceremony, and I was home again by 2 o'clock. 

I felt much better towards the end of the afternoon but decided against going out (my friend was pleased with my decision as she didn't want to catch whatever was making me feel ill!) and had a much needed early night.
 
 
Wednesday 12th November

Teaching first thing, and then the rest of the day was mine to do as I wanted.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't cooperating and it was raining so I stayed at home and did three loads of laundry, some paperwork, a bit of lesson planning and some piano practice.  Of course, once I'd made the decision to stay at home the rain stopped and the sun was shining!

In the evening I caught up on some missed TV via iPlayer - Missing, the second episode of Intruders and an old repeat of Who Do You Think You Are featuring Alexander Armstrong. 


Thursday 13th November
 
A busy morning at home sorting through a couple of boxes, followed by a trip to the skip and to the charity shop.  Teaching all afternoon with, thankfully, an early finish as a migraine started part way through the lessons - believe me when I say it is absolutely no fun teaching brass instruments when you have a migraine!  Home and straight to bed, which meant that I didn't go to the photography club; disappointing, but bed really was the only option.
 

Friday 14th November  

Teaching all day then home for a quiet night in as I was feeling completely drained from the migraine. I watched the final instalment of the new Lewis series on TV, then, as I was struggling to stay awake, up to bed at 10 o'clock.
 
 
Saturday 15th November

Band in the morning, running through the Christmas carols again - only one more practice session until the first public performance but the children are doing really well so we're feeling optimistic!  Pottering around at home for the rest of the day; measuring up the music room for bookcases and a cabinet of sorts for the printer to sit on ... it looks like a trip to Ikea will feature in the new future! A couple of friends dropped in for a chat and we made an evening of it with an impromptu take-away - Indian, of course!

Linking with The Sunday Round-Up.

Comments

  1. Aah the thought of band instruments with a migraine goes right through me - hope you are feeling brighter. Visiting from

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy week! Thanks for sharing it with us :) #sundayroundup www.mamamim.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow busy but ill week when you write it down bet it seemed alot more than you thought! I get bad migranes too I hate them. Thanks for joining in with #sundayroundup x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts