Time for a Change


I love my home. I've lived here since the death of my partner in 2013 and it's been a place of healing and the place where I've rebuilt my life, but ... it's time for a change. I've always known that I'd make one more move as I got older and that would be to a property that was easier to maintain and was all on one level, so either a flat or a bungalow. 

The problems with my knees has made me consider my options. I will get to the stage where I can manage stairs easily again but at the same time I am not getting any younger and there's always the chance that other health problems will raise their ugly heads at some time in the future so, after lots of soul searching I've decided that this is the right time for me to make that move. As soon as I reached that decision and put all my doubts to rest, I have felt easier in myself. I feel it's best for me to make to move while I am making the decision rather than wait until the time when such a move is a necessity and the decision is forced on me.

So, I have been eagerly scrolling though Rightmove (an online property website advertising properties for estate agents) and thoroughly enjoying myself ... I love looking at other people's houses! There's very little choice locally to suit my needs but I have been lucky and made an offer on a lovely three-bedroomed bungalow in North Bradley, which was accepted. Those owners want a quick sale so the race was on to sell my home and two weeks after it was valued and advertised for sale, I accepted an offer from a first time buyer. Now it's down to the solicitors to sort it all out for us and I should be moving within the next two or three months. 

It's not the ideal time for me to be moving as I have knee replacement surgery on my right knee at the end of November, but I won't have to do any lifting myself so I'm not going to let it affect the move. I've started packing and am now getting quotes from removal firms - with previous moves I've always hired a van and we've done the move ourselves, but that won't be an option this time. My aim is to get most of the stuff packed away before my operation and friends are coming round to help me with that. I'm also dishing up some creative meals to use up the stuff in the freezers!

The new bungalow will need some improvements but all of that will have to wait until I'm back on my feet again. I have an army of friends ready to give it a thorough clean as soon as I move in, and I'll just have to live with it as it is for now, but start getting quotes ready for when the work can start. 

Comments

  1. Wow - exciting stuff, Eileen. How fantastic that everything was sorted so very quickly and new projects are exciting. A bungalow sounds just perfect for you.
    What is the garden like?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you a link so you can see for yourself. x

      Delete
  2. Hope everything goes smoothly - moving is sometimes a hassle. I'm regretting downsizing now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. As it works out I won't actually be downsizing. Most rooms are bigger than I currently have and there is also a conservatory at the bungalow. x

      Delete
  3. Wonderful news Eileen, sounds exactly what you need. I hope the move and your operation go smoothly xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts