October 2026 Goals
I'm playing catch-up again! September was incredibly busy, dealing with about a third of the boxes I'd stored in the conservatory and also getting everything ready for my new lodger. Available time was eaten into by a migraine that, including recovery, lasted for eight days. That's the worst one I've had in a long time, probably made worse by being overtired and run down anyway.
Anyway, I achieved one of my set goals so I'm very happy about that. I now have a lodger! Matt (not his real name) moved in yesterday and will be living here for a few month at least, if not longer. First impression are positive and both of us enjoyed his company last night. I'm not really expecting any problems from him - he's in his 60s and just wants a quiet life.
All the odds and ends relating to the decorating have been completed and the first lot of plants and bulbs are in the ground. I'll do a separate post about the garden later in the month.
On to October and this month's goal is to continue unpacking as many of the boxes as I can. So far in September I emptied about 20 boxes and from those I have four large boxes of items I no longer want and which will go to a charity shop. It's actually more tiring than I'd bargained for so I'm not setting myself a target, just aiming to empty as many boxes as I can in October without overdoing it and making myself ill.
I'm also sorting through the rest of my clothes. I have loads of things that I never wear and which probably don't fit me anyway, so I'm intending to be ruthless and get rid of as much as I can. I started on that this morning and have already filled a large black bag with unwanted clothes, so that's a good start and I'm pleased with my efforts. I'm aiming to get this task completed by the end of the month.
And finally, in October I'd like to return to some of the u3a clubs I belong to, read a couple of books, and also resume playing the piano daily.




Comments
Post a Comment