Plans for 2014

Putting a positive slant on things, I am at a stage in my life where I have the freedom to make whatever changes are necessary to achieve the lifestyle I want. However, because there always seems to be the inevitable 'however', I am also at the stage where serious motivation is lacking so I need to be intentional about how I plan to actually get on and make these necessary changes.  One way of being intentional that works for me is to voice my plans by joining in with other like-minded people in the blogging world. 

My biggest aims for 2014 are to get fit/lose weight and to improve my finances.  There, I've said it so I've got to get on and do it now!

I'm joining in with Weight In Wednesday organised by Frugal in Bucks.  I know I've said about losing weight before and have failed miserably, but my recent health scare has finally given me the desired push to get started. My weight and lack of fitness is impeding my mobility, which obviously impacts on many aspects of my life. It's time to stop making excuses and do something about it.  I plan to do the 5/2 diet but won't be starting until the hospital tests finish on Friday.  Alongside the dietary changes I'll need to do some regular exercise and I've already started on this aspect of the new lifestyle with daily walks averaging 3.5 miles.  My first target is to lose 1 stone.

I'm also joining in with the Sealed Pot Challenge organised by Saving for Travel.  For me, this will be divided into two parts:

1. The Sealed Pot  which will include:
  • Saving small change in a piggy bank (which I've actually done for years)
  • Save the Change, where the bank automatically rounds up purchases to the next whole pound and saves the pennies in a nominated account.
  • Saving money left over from weekly pocket money (£10 per week for 2014)
  • Saving money left over from weekly food and petrol budgets (still trying to sort realistic budgets)
This part of the money management is for saving towards the cost of a photographic holiday to be taken in 2015.  I haven't finally decided on the actual holiday but it looks like I'll need about £1000.

2. The Savings Account which will be used to save the money from:
  • Decluttering - sale of items via car boot sales, auctions, ebay, Amazon, etc
  • Increases in salary - I'm due to take on additional pupils in Jan/Feb and I'm planning to save the additional money for the remainder of 2014.

This part of the money management will be put towards my 'new car fund' and then towards the home and garden improvements.

    

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about posting on line and joining in with others it does help to keep you on track. Good luck with it all, I haven't finalised my plans for 2014 - lots of things flying around in my head though !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2014 seems to be planning itself on my behalf, with a new grandchild due, my mum's 90th birthday, a trip to Devon for an ancient uncle's birthday, regular trips to Essex as my mum has decided she will no longer travel to Wiltshire, a holiday in June and various other family things, so I'm going to try planning in some free time! Well done for the 3.5 mile daily walk, I need to work on my fitness too, so will have to plan that in after the free time.
    Will look forward to following your progress.
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea eileen and may even join you. It seems like you have some good and realistic goals for 2014 so I will get me thinking cap on to see what goals I would like to achieve next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eileen, so beautiful your advent calendar! I have loved all. I wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy Ney Year. Hugs Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing brilliantly with the sealed pot challenge so far!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts