Sealed pot [1]

Well, I have made some savings this week, although fairly minimal.  It's that time of year!

The Sealed Pot 
  • Saving small change in a piggy bank: I've added some coins but have deliberately not counted them as I want a surprise at the end of 2014. I'd already saved some coins before I officially started this challenge which means that the starting weight of the piggy bank was 757gms.  Today it weighs 819gms.
  • Save the Change: According to my bank statement I have saved £2.03.
  • Saving money left over from weekly pocket money: Nothing, I spent it all!!
  • Saving money left over from weekly food and petrol budgets: This part doesn't start until 2014.
  • Gifts/unexpected savings: I was lucky enough to have one of my debit card purchases refunded by my bank, a refund of £7.69.  Also £2.10 I didn't have to spend because the parking meter was out of service so parking for carol playing today was free.
  
Saving Account - this doesn't start until 2014.

Linking with Saving for Travel

 

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good start to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eileen,

    Weighing the progress on your pot is a great idea, similar to what Suze does. It's nice to have a surprise at the end of the challenge and although I blog about my week I don't add it up as I go along.
    My favourite way of saving for the pot is SAVED NOT SPENT, which works like your unexpected saving-free parking is the best!

    Looks like you've got lots of ideas to make your sealed pot challenge a success!

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    Sft

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts