Day 20: Making Lists ...

... of fun things to do!

I used to do this regularly but have got out of the habit, mainly due to the depression, but it time to change things round so I've been coming up with ideas of places I'd like to visit and things I'd like to do from now until the lead up to Christmas. Sorry to mention the 'C' word this early! 

Here's my list so far -
  • coach trip to Lichfield and the National Arboretum in October
  • return visit to Lacock Abbey before September 20th (because a film crew is working there and the rumour is that they are filming the follow up to 'Fantastic Beasts' - we're hoping to catch sight of Eddie Redmayne!
  • cinema nights to see Kingsman 2, Screen Unseen and Logan Lucky
  • theatre trips to see Elaine Paige, 'The Real Thing', and 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert'
in addition to the things on the list I also have the band commitments, my monthly book group and there will be plenty of coffee/cake sessions with friends. I still have to organise a trip to London with J to see a show (still to be decided) as a joint birthday celebration. 

It feels so good to have plenty to look forward to and it's a good mix of solo events (coach trip and theatre visits) and spending time with friends. 

I've also made the decision to postpone the work on the upstairs until I've disposed of most of the stuff piled up in the end of the living room. I could feel myself getting stressed out about the disruption so have decided to wait and have all the messy work (bathroom, bedroom, en-suite, living room, hall/stairs/landing) done in one big hit next year, probably after Easter at the earliest.  It's obviously the correct way forward for me as I can feel the relief and the improvement in my mood since I made the decision.

Today's photo is also a candidate for the scavenger hunt - no. 1 fuzzy

Comments

  1. I have a similar list....I find that as quickly as I tick off one thing there's at least another two I add on the bottom. Some of them really are very simple.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha at your fuzzy for the sPSH. If you felt the immediate relief to postponing some work at the house, then you know it is the right decision for you. (yeah). If our house is in any state of chaos, I know it affects my mood immediately - dislike mess & un-tidness. Fun list of activities - oh I hope you do get so see Eddy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts