Weekly Reflections

 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • helping out on the U3A stand at a monthly street fair ... the perfect opportunity for long chats with some of the people I've met since joining the organisation and taking the time to get to know them better
  • chatting with JA about clothes and receiving an offer to go to her house and try on some items in her wardrobe to work out what styles suit me before I buy any more clothes. JA always looks immaculate and clearly knows how to dress for her body shape, and according to some of the others, I am honoured to receive the invitation!
  • meeting up with Joy and her gifting me some cosmos and providing a selection of pink items for me to photograph ... always useful to know someone who is a grandmother to so many girls!
  • enjoying the June meeting of my Something Snappy photography group
  • spending the evening with J, putting the world to rights and making plans for the next few months
  • loving my piano lesson
  • adding more dates to my diary
  • getting the three wooden planters planted up
  • playing canasta online with N
  • getting the results of my latest blood test in a telephone consultation with my doctor ... all better than I expected, but I have to go in to see him if the migraines continue at the same frequency
  • completing the declutter 50 items in June challenge ... mostly music books and craft items, but I did it!

I am grateful ...

  • for M's help in the garden and P&D's help with the cleaning ... it's making a huge difference to my mood now everything in the home and garden is up together and looking good
  • for new friendships that are enhancing my life
  • that fixed energy prices are available again

Comments

  1. All good things. You deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful week, Eileen. I'm glad the blood test results were better than expected. I hope the migraines become less frequent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week thanks Bless. I was relieved that the blood test results were as good as they turned out to be as I was fully expecting that my meds would have to be tweaked or to be prescribed additional ones. Sadly, the migraines are getting out of hand again so I will go to see the doctor if they don't start to improve. xx

      Delete
  3. I do like your photo of the succulent.
    Another week full of wonderful things. Good blood test results is great news but sorry to learn about your more frequent migraines xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The succulents are easier to photograph as they don't move in the wind!

      The migraines are getting worse as well as being more frequent so if I have any more during the next two weeks I'll need to make an appointment with my GP. I've been on the same migraine medication for years now so maybe there is something newer available that will be more effective. xx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely life. All that careful considering and planning is really bearing fruit, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, life is really good at the moment. I'm pleased with how things are working out and am getting to understand what I want to work towards next. xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photo. I love all the shade and textures.

    Glad you managed to get all your items delcuttered! It does feel good to clear out a bit of space. I'm continuing on into July. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also feel tons better when I've been able to clear out a load of items. It sounds like you have been making some progress with your own decluttering and hope you are able to continue the momentum in July. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts