The September Garden

Unfortunately the garden has suffered from my neglect recently. M is still visiting every two weeks to keep on top of the weeding and general maintenance, but my own efforts at regular watering have been sadly lacking as the migraines continue to affect everything. Despite that, the garden is looking better than I have any right to expect.



The purple verbena lollipop has self seeded and is taking over but, as it's thriving on my neglect, it can stay for now. It does look pretty but there is just too much of it and I'd prefer more variety next year.




The two climbing roses in the corner (the red one and the cream one) and a pink bush rose that you can't see in the photo have really suffered from the unwanted attentions of ants and all three plants were really struggling. M took on the battle and she's winning, thankfully. The two climbers have produced more flowers but are sadly lacking in foliage, though they both look a lot healthier than they did. The bush rose is not doing as well but we'll give it a chance and see how it does.

The red rose in the bottom of the picture is a new one this year ... I can't remember the variety. It's looked really puny all year but has finally got its act together and is now flowering. I think it's beautiful and it has a strong scent (not that I can smell it) but friends have commented on it when they've been sitting on the bench and they all seem to like it.



To finish, some photos of the flowers still looking good in September. 

Comments

  1. Your garden is looking lovely and colourful with beautiful flowers. So sorry that your migraines are a big problem for you. Take it easy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not have been able to take care of the garden, but, it looks lovely with lots of flowers in bloom! I do hope that you can find some relief from the migraines. Continue to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is very lovely, fill of blooms and growth. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eileen, the garden looks lovely.
    Sorry to hear that you are still having migraines daily.
    I really hope that things improve for you, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful it all looks.
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner - I didn't see that you had posted. Bad me. Sending love. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts