Knees!

Hello, I'm back! I don't know how well this will go as Blogger really doesn't like me, but I'll do my best. I doubt that I'll be blogging every day for a while but I have good news to share with you, so thought it was worth a post.

I had a full knee replacement on Monday, my left knee. It's going very well so far and is far less painful than it was before the operation. I have a series of exercises to do every hour to prevent blood clots, and another set to do four times a day to improve joint mobility. I had the op on Monday at 6:30 pm, came out of recovery by 9:00 pm and was allowed home at 4 pm on the Tuesday after two lots of physio. It's good to be home.

I have friends taking care of me this week but we all think I'll be fine on my own by next week. Friend L will come over every day next week if I  do need help so I have a back up and won't need to worry.

It's only been three weeks since I first saw the surgeon and he agreed that I need the knee replacement.  I'll see him again in 3 months, when he'll decide whether my other knee needs to be done. I can't believe how quickly it has all happened. 

Comments

  1. What brilliant news for you, my sister had both hers done a few years back, it totally changed her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good news and speedy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news and good to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very glad to read that you had your knee replacement surgery & that all went well. Good that you have friends/family to ensure your recovery at home goes smoothly. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to see you post. I've been thinking about you and hoping all was alright. Good news on the knee replacement! I really do hope it helps. My walking friend had knee replacements and, phew, that lady can walk! She's in her late seventies I think and walks seven miles a day sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see your post and read about your good news! Sounds like you are doing great! Hope you continue to recover well and you will be able to do lots of things, pain-free, with time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news, and so pleased you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you back, all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Eileen, good to see you blogging again. Wishing you well after your knee op. My friend had a replacement and followed all the physio instructions. She made a full recovery. Wishing the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your knee surgery went well and you're making a very good recovery. Good to see a post from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts