Five on Friday

 
A random selection today for Amy's Five on Friday.

One | I'll start by sharing some of the photos taken during last Sunday's photo walk in Lacock.  It wasn't the best day for taking photos and, as usual, Lacock was packed with tourists so we spent most of our time in the orchard and down by the ford.


Two | I met Joy for lunch yesterday, making the fatal mistake of meeting in the garden centre ... here are my impulse buys!

 
Three | You may, or maybe not, be interested to hear that one of the reasons for meeting for lunch was to discuss the list for the Wintertime Photography Scavenger Hunt.  Well I'm pleased to report that the list has been agreed and will be published on December 1st.  I hope some of you will join in again this year.
 
Four | I'll be busy in the kitchen later today, trying out new (to me) recipes.  I'll be trying Amy's Spiced Squash and Eggs as my contribution to tonight's Eat & Go meal; three friends (so four of us in total) will all contribute food to a shared meal and, as soon as the meal is finished and the washing up done, we'll go our separate ways.  It's my turn to host the meal, and it's an enjoyable way of ensuring we don't always have to eat alone.  We do it about once a month, sometimes more often, and occasionally there's so much to talk about that it turns into a later night but usually the meal lasts about an hour and a half.
 
I'm trying a different recipe for lentil and vegetable soup which is bubbling away in the slow cooker and will be in the freezer by the end of the day.  And I'll be trying a new recipe for a chicken curry (using different spices) which I'll have tomorrow with the mango chutney that Joy gave me yesterday.
 
FiveAnd finally, is anyone else having problems with Blogger?  I keep missing posts because some updates takes absolutely ages to appear in my reader - it's always blogs which use Blogger, never Wordpress or any of the other platforms.

Also, quite often there isn't a comment box; I know someone else has already written about this (sorry, I can't remember who it was), and that person suggested that using the back arrow would make the comments box appear.  I've been trying that; sometimes successfully, but most often not. There's plenty of online help about it, so obviously I'm not the only one having this problem, but so far nothing has solved the issue.  Sometimes when there is a comments box it'll disappear half way through writing a comment; again there is help in the various forums but so far nothing has resolved this. 

If any of you have had similar problems and resolved them, I'd be very interested to hear how you did it.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and thanks to Amy for organising this.

Comments

  1. Beautiful photos, Eileen! Hurrah for another Winter Scavenger Hunt! I didn't finish the summer one this year and am still feeling disappointed so am so glad you and Joy are doing the winter one again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Such a great idea getting together to share a meal. I too am having a few issues with blogger but can offer no advice as I am useless on the computer. Have a great meal with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone kindly let me know that they couldn't see the comments box on my blog. I changed from "embedded" to a "pop up box" and that seems to have solved it from this end. I haven't had anyone say they can't see it since. The only thing about the pop up window is that it doesn't allow threaded comments, so if I reply to any comments they all appear at the end and not beside the relevant comment. I'm going now, before I have to type "comment" again..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah hurrah! Roll on Dec1st. I am not aware of anyone having problems with commenting on my blog but you may say differently! I also didn't know there was a reader for comments I always read them through the email notification of them. Having said that I never get email notification of comments from Rinda. I have in the past had problems where half way through commenting the words suddenly won't appear in the box. I usually get round this by selecting what I have written so far clicking copy, refreshing the page and then paste to put the words in a new box and then finish what I want to say. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely pictures! I like the Eat and Go concept; might have to start that up after we move in a few months. Good way to socialize without too much fuss about it.

    My biggest problem with Blogger is when I comment on a lot of blogs, the people don't get the email that says I have; same thing for people who comment on my blog; sometimes I don't get the email that they did. I have to remind myself to go and check comments directly on the blog which oftentimes I forget to do. Sometimes people's posts won't show up on Blogger's Dashboard until a day later, but for people that I know that post daily, if I don't see their post on my Dashboard, then I just click open their blog and see if they posted yet. It can be frustrating at times but I tried Wordpress and it wasn't as user friendly for me compared to Blogger :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah a Winter Photo Challenge. I am not aware of problems in Blogger, but there are probably a lot of things about Blogger I am not aware of ... I will keep my eye peeled for solutions. Your photos are the start are fantastic, such colours, such textures. I think the fire cracker flower is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos as always. I particuarly love your corn on the cob, and the red hot poker.
    I have noticed a few strange happenings on blogger, nothing drastic: my blog list doesn't consistently show all blog updates when they happen, and I also had a comment box disappear on me some time ago - it may have been while I was on my own blog! If I remember aright, refreshing the page did the trick. Like Maggie, I never get email notifications for Rinda's comments - I wonder if she has some clever way of sending them via Feedly, without actually visiting the site. It's all a bit of a mystery to me. I don't even understand the different ways of leaving comments, eg. from an email address or as a no-reply message. Some of my comments go into my email inbox, others into the social folder, yet on the blog they all look exactly the same!
    Which brings me to ask - are you still thinking about starting a new blog/changing platform?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, I really enjoyed them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors in your photos are stunning. No problems with Blogger, just its usual cranky self.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you enjoy the squash and eggs! Thank you for the mention. Very kind of you. As for blogger, well, it is a mystery to me! I do the click the back button thing and it always works for me, but I don't know if it depends on your browser - I use explorer - it is very annoying isn't it! For reading posts I use - when I have chance and time to read! - bloglovin as I find that it updates far more quickly, sometimes resulting in a very long list of posts, but at least I know they are there! I love the photo you too of the corn, that is a beautiful shot! Like your impulse purchases too! I will look out for the photo hunt post! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning photos, Eileen - thank you for sharing them. Sorry I can't help with Blogger, it's all a mystery to me. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love your macros! Especially the corn and apples! Sorry you are having some blogger issues...so far nothing on my end. Love your photos and the food sounded great too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, your photos are beautiful! Thank you for sharing! As far as blogger... I haven't really gone beyond Blogging 101. Some days I could scream over just creating my own post. I struggle from having somewhat of a flat learning curve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too have problems with blogger. I change it so I can leave moments in others and want them to be able reply but an told that often I appear as a no reply blogger!!! Arghhhh. Also my blogger and google plus seem to be fighting g each other too... Excited about the photo scavenger hunt also

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have only been to Lacock once and that was last year but loved it. Your images have a wonderful autumn feel about them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pictures Eileen. The one by the water looks so calm and peaceful and the corn one just pops right out. I don't use blogger but lots of times lately it won't let me comment using my Typepad ID - forces me to use the google one instead. There's no rhyme nor reason to it either.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the idea of an Eat and Go dinner where friends gather for a potluck; wouldn't work for me as none of my friends seem to drive anymore! But, I am starting to look forward to having take out type meals with one or two of my friends, once restrictions are lifted a bit more (and health improves; I am feeling really handicapped with my leg, even if it is better!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done an Eat and Go meal for so long I'd almost forgotten about it. Maybe it won't be too long before it can happen again.

      Are you having problems walking?

      Delete
    2. My leg (foot, mostly) is swollen. And my daughter is too afraid to have me walk much before I see the doctor. We really don't know what triggered the sciatica, although I suspect inflamed muscles due to too much weeding! I'm waiting on the OK from the doctor before I do anything much.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I sorry to hear that. I hope your doctor can get you sorted out quickly. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts