Memorandum Monday

It's a rather mixed set of first times and new things this week.

I tried lime and chilli flavoured popcorn for the first time - strangely moreish, and luckily low in calories.

I learnt a new fact ... that it is thought that it wasn't until relatively modern times that people were able to see the colour blue.  You can read about it here if you are interested.

I saw Sean Lock on stage for the first (and last!) time on Friday night.  I'd been looking forward to seeing him for ages but was slightly disappointed by his act, which wasn't as funny as I'd been expecting from seeing him on TV. I wasn't the only one, as a few people walked out during the second half.

For the first time ever I actually made one of the recipes I'd saved on Pinterest - a kale, tomato and quinoa soup which tasted much better than it sounds!  Am I the only person who saves lots of ideas on Pinterest and then promptly forgets all about them?

Hope you all have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday and a good week to follow.

Linking with Sian at From High in the Sky.

Comments

  1. how disappointing that Sean Locke did not live up to his TV persona. Lime and chilli popcorn sounds interesting! have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about the lime and chili popcorn, but good that it is low in calories :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I save things on pinterest and immediately forget about them too! In fact I had forgotten about it altogether recently - pinterest - so no, you are not the only one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to try the popcorn as I do love sweet chilli flavour kettle chips. I didn't know about the blue: how fascinating. It raises all sorts of questions. And yes, I have more projects saved than I'll ever have time for in this lifetime.

    Wishing you a good week. And thanks for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hand is held up - yes I am one of those with SO many saves to my Pinterest. Most of the saves are scrap pages I like. Interesting that I am just reading about the colour blue because circulating on F/B right now is a blue colour blind test. Happy week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting popcorn. I save recipes on Pinterest but only ones I have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting research about the blue/green thing. In Japanese, blue is an adjective while green only exists as a noun. The article has got me thinking about how that came to be. I always assumed that describing something as green was a secondary idea, as some things which to us are clearly green (eg. apples and traffic lights) are blue in Japanese. Something to read up on on a rainy day (which, judging from my hayfever, are now behind us!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts