All About ... Books

I'm joining in with this reading survey that I've just seen over at ... Rachel's blog ...

What was the first book you remember reading?  I can remember reading the 'Janet and John' reading primers at Infant School, so I would have been between 4 and 6 years old.  I can also remember the very politically incorrect reading primers - 'Little Black Sambo' and can recall excitedly telling my mum all about the story of when he captured the tiger.

What book do you regret reading?  I can't think of any book I regret reading for the first time, but I do regret re-reading Tess of the D'Urbeville by Thomas Hardy.   I originally read it as a teenager and absolutely loved it but reading it again as an adult (admittedly during a not very good period in my life) I was irritated by the innocence of Tess and just wanted to give her a good slap!


What's your favourite genre? My favourite genre is crime novels. I like 'who done its', police procedure, forensic, etc. I don't care which period it is set in.

If you could be any literary character, who would it be? Hermione Granger out of the Harry Potter books.  I know, I know .... I need to grow up!!

What's your favourite series of books? I loved the Harry Potter books.  Also the Lord of the Rings trilogy. 

What book do you most want to read? I've just read the one that was on the top of my 'must read' list - Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson. I'm in the process of reading the other 'must read' and that is The Bible.


What was your favourite book when you were younger? I loved the Family from One End Street series of books by Eve Garnett.

Are there any books that you'd like to see made into movies? Not really.  I'm not really a 'movies' person and much prefer using my own imagination.

If you could date a literary character, who would it be? Can't think of anyone.


Where's your favourite place to read? I can read anywhere.  I always read in bed for about 20 minutes before I go to sleep and I've got a few wrinkled book where I've dropped them in the bath!

Do you have any signed books? No.

What was the last book you read?  Yesterday's Sun by Amanda Brooke.


What are you currently reading? I'm reading The Bible and I'll start reading 6th Target by James Patterson later tonight.

What fictional place do you wish was real? Definitely Hogwarts - you were right, Rachel!

Have you ever disliked a book that a friend recommended to you? No.


Are there any things that you're fussy about when it comes to books? No.

Are you fussy about book covers? I don't really take much notice of the book covers.

Do you read reviews on a book that you want to read before reading it? No, usually too many spoilers in the reviews. 

What's the longest book you've read? War and Peace.

Are there any books you own that you haven't got around to reading yet? Yes, loads.  Too many to count.


Thanks for reading this.  If you decide to do it as well, please let me know so that I can read your answers.

Comments

Popular Posts