Sunday, 27 May 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - 27th May 2012

FOR TODAY - Sunday, 27th May 2012, 10:43am

Outside my window... it is a beautiful summer day.  The sun is shining, a brilliant  blue sky and no wind.

I am thinking... about nothing is particular.  I'm feeling fairly relaxed and, for once, don't have anything occupying my thoughts, just taking life as it comes!

I am thankful... that Ced is still with me. 

I am learning ... lots of different techniques for card making (heat embossing, dry embossing, sponging, masking, using pastels and chalks to name a few).

In the kitchen... it is looking like the fall-out zone after an explosion!  I'll tidy up later and then cook our meal - roast lamb and all the trimmings.

I am wearing... red, white and black skirt and red top.

I am creating... lots of photographs (still to be printed) for my 2012 Project Life folder.

I am going... to have a quiet day, reading a new book and just moving from the sofa to get us drinks and food.

I am wondering... what to buy for birthday gifts - I have to buy four of them, all for under 2s.

I am reading... 'A Grave in the Cotswolds' by Rebecca Tope. I just started it this morning and will have finished it by teatime. I'm a very fast reader!

I am hoping... that the good weather continues as I have a three week break from teaching.

I am looking forward to... just chilling! I need to recharge the batteries.

I am hearing... a dog barking, the cricket commentary on the TV and the clicking of the computers keys - my typing and Ced is checking his emails.

Around the house... don't ask!  I need to get the housework sorted.

I am pondering... the rest of the photos I need to take to complete this month's Scavenger Hunt.

One of my favourite things... homemade lemonade.

A few plans for the rest of the week: teaching Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday I'm off to Stourhead, rest of the week just pottering!

Here is a thought I am sharing ...

image from Google

If you'd like to see other daybooks, or take part yourself, please visit this site.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Eileen, good to read that things are stable for you at the moment. Hope you enjoy Stourhead, its one place I would love to visit - maybe later this year - and hope you enjoy your 3-week break.
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the sunshine.

    My house is a mess to
    not bothered doing housework while the sun shines!

    The book sounds good.

    Enjoy your trip to Stourhead.


    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day. Love your quote! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as if things are going not to bad for you at the moment which is good to hear.
    Hope this wonderful weather continues for a wee while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like my kind of day!! I skived off yesterday afternoon, and spent it in the summerhouse reading (it was too hot for me out in the sun!)

    ReplyDelete