(Another) Lazy Sunday

I didn't have a good start to the day.  I'd planned to drive over to photograph the Wilton Windmill for the summer scavenger hunt but I overslept, woke up with a headache and what seems to be the start of a cold and to cap it all, it is pouring with rain.  So a change of plan is in order.
 
A day at home is on the cards.  No chores!  No rushing about shopping! Just a few phone calls to friends, update the blog, a couple of letters to write and catch up with long-distant friends, listen to some music and read a good book.  All activities to be supported by mugs of coffee and good food! Much like the Sundays of my childhood when the shops didn't open and it really was a day of rest to recharge the batteries.
 
I suppose I'm lucky that I enjoy my own company.  Until recently I haven't been able to concentrate properly so reading has been out of the question.  Luckily, I've turned a corner with that problem and am now able to settle down again and lose myself in a story.  I'm currently on the final book of the Steig Larsson 'Millenium' trilogy ('The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', 'The Girl who Played with Fire' and 'The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest') and I'm really enjoying them.  If any of you have any suggestions for what to read next, I'd really appreciate it.
 
I'm slowly rebuilding a social life!  I was already teaching at the local youth band but when it restarts in September I will also be playing with the more advanced players so that is Saturdays taken care of.  At the end of last term I joined a recorder group which meets late on Tuesday afternoons and that restarts in September as well, and for Wednesday evenings I am going to try a choral group which meets in Bradford on Avon (about 4 miles away).  I'd quite like to find a more physical activity but don't really know what ... maybe the ramblers or one of the many walking groups.  There is a 'photo walk' group which meets once a month in Bath which I have also joined but haven't been able to get to yet, so I'm trying to arrange my diary in the hope that I can get along to their next event.  I'm also getting back into meeting with friends for lunch once a week and have started having family and friends round for meals in. 
 
I discovered the City Hall in Salisbury (about 30 miles easy drive away) which has loads of good events on.  What particularly appealed was the chance to see some well known comedians - so far I've been to see Jason Manford (with Lauren), and have booked tickets to see Sandie Toksvig (going on my own) and Ed Byrne (going with Laura, my niece).  I've also started going to the cinema again which is something I'd always enjoyed but Ced wasn't too keen on.  I took Tinks and Tweenie to see 'Despicable Me 2' and 'Monsters University' (their choices, but fun films which I enjoyed) and am going again in the next week or two with Julie and Lauren but we haven't yet decided what to see.
 
Also planned are some daytime card making workshops (on my own), Quiz and Curry Night at the local pub with Julie and Lauren, 'Fiddler on the Roof' at the Little Theatre in Bath (on my own) and a one-day cookery workshop to learn about Thai cooking (on my own). 
 
On the back burner I still have the photography course to complete but I don't feel ready to start it yet.  I need to get everything unpacked and my hobby room sorted before I can consider restarting that.  I do however want to get back in the habit of using my camera regularly, if not daily.  Any ideas on how I can do that will also be much appreciated.  I know Joy has organised 'Picture This' on Facebook so that is one thing I can do but am looking for even more inspiration. Maybe it's just an excuse and I'm being lazy!!
 
I'm off now to curl up on the sofa with a cup of coffee and my book.  Enjoy your day everyone and hope the weather isn't too bad where you are.

Comments

  1. I understand from my sister-in-law that Frome theatre is good as well.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about Frome theatres. Thanks Gill, I'll take a look at what they have on.

      Delete
  2. It's nice to read that you are starting to fill your days and get out and about again. I'm a little out of sorts with my photography too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear about all the things you have started doing and are planning to do. Hmm you do need to get out with that camera!!!! How about starting a monthly view? xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts