Nearly There!

It rained this morning. Not for long, and really just a shower rather than a heavy downpour but it rained, which gives me hope that the weather forecast is correct and we will have some rain every day for the next five days. A few minutes after the rain finished I received a text from Wessex Water saying that there will be a hosepipe ban from tomorrow. It's the first time they have had to issue a hosepipe ban in fifty years! The ban doesn't affect the landscapers at all ... as they are working they can continue to use a hosepipe if needed, so thankfully this won't affect the work being done in the garden.

The work has been finished in the bedroom/study, so I will be able to start unpacking some of the boxes currently being stored in the conservatory.


They've left the doors off of the IKEA cupboards for the time being to make it easier for me to get the stuff put away, and I'll sort the spacing between the shelves as I go along. I'm waiting for Niall to get back so he can move some boxes into the bedroom ready for me to get started on the unpacking tomorrow. It's all very exciting as I'll get to see and play with all my hobby stuff again. I also need to be very strict about only keeping the things I need and/or will use. I know when I was packing up my previous home I realised that there were a lot of things I had never touched in the thirteen years I lived there, so all of that will be going to a charity shop or two.

The decorating has now moved on to the hall. It's all happening out of order as I really wanted the living/dining room done next but they can't start work in there until the self levelling latex compound is poured to sort out the level where the old hearth was. That's being done on Wednesday and will need a day to dry. So in the meantime the hall is getting some attention. The old carpet has been removed and the walls and ceiling will be painted white - there's very little natural light in the hall so I am keeping it as bright as I can in there. It won't take long to do the walls and ceiling but there are six doors and all the skirting to be painted, so I'm estimating four days to get it done.

The living/dining room will now be the last to be painted but it will all be completed by the last day of August as the decorators have other commitments from September 1st. I chose and paid for the new carpet yesterday so that will be fitted as soon as the paint is dry, and then all the furniture brought back into the room, leaving just the curtains to be sorted.

It's so close to the end now ... I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. 😊

Comments

Popular Posts