The Final Stretch

Not long to go now! 

Monday, August 31st: The living/dining room carpet will be fitted. I was a bit surprised they were offering a bank holiday completion date, but I snapped it up anyway and cancelled my plans for the holiday. 

Tuesday, September 1st: M, my neighbour's son will be round first thing to help Niall move the piano and the rest of the heavy wooden furniture back to the living/dining room and all the furniture can be arranged properly. BiL will be round to install the inset electric fire and sort out a few minor decorating snags.

Friday, September 11th: My new rise and recline chair will be delivered and the smaller of the two sofas taken away as part-exchange.

Tuesday, September 15th: The hall flooring will be fitted.

September (date still to be agreed): The radiators in the study, hall, and living/dining room to be refitted and the heating system balanced, ready for the winter.

Health permitting, I will resume unpacking the boxes currently stored in the conservatory. From the boxes I have unpacked for the study so far I am only keeping about 50% of the contents so Niall will be kept busy dealing with donations to charity shops and runs to the recycling yard. I'd like to say I'll get it all done in September, but I think that is being optimistic ... end of October is more realistic.

And finally, I will advertise for a lodger to move in late September/early October. Fingers crossed that it all works out!

Comments

Popular Posts