Five on Friday | The Little Things

Read | I finished reading 'Scaredy Cat' by Mark Billingham and have read two more crime thrillers - 'Into the Night' by Jake Woodhouse and  'Falling' by Emma Kavanagh, all of which I enjoyed.  I've now moved on to 'The Kill' by Jane Casey.  I think I have my reading mojo back!

Watched | I've actually watched something this week - Bannan, the pilot episode for a BBC Alba series.  It's a Gaelic language drama with subtitles.  

Heard | An audio book, 'Dr Who: The Stone Rose', which I found when I was sorting out a pile of DVDs.  It was a newspaper freebie from years ago and I probably listened to it when we first got it but I didn't remember the story at all. 

Made | I've made a start on clearing a space for some new storage in the second bedroom.  I decided that I'll get through the decluttering quicker if I can organise the things I want to keep as I go along.  I've chosen IKEA units again, this time the Liatorp range as they are deeper than the Billy units I chose for the music room.

Worn | It been a few days of mismatched/clashing colours as I haven't done any laundry.  I've looked like a child who has been allowed to dress herself!

And Lastly ... I bought some more flooring so that the kitchen/dining room can be done to match the hall.  It was on sale so I saved about £200, which can go towards the bedroom storage fund.

Thanks to Morgana for organising the Little Things, and to Amy for organising Five on Friday.

Comments

  1. I love Ikea furniture and admit my house is full of it. Billy makes lots of appearances in any corner where he'll fit. But my real love is Hemnes. I feel a shopping trip coming on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ikea furniture too, great in the girl's rooms. My laundry is behind too because I feel in June that I should be hanging it on the line but the weather is too bad. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does sound like your reading mojo is back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wonderful to get things in the sale and save money that can go towards something else. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think mismatching is kind of a style currently, isn't it? I do like the Liatorp range … that will be great for storage. A good idea of preparing a place for what you want to keep. I should try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got quite a chuckle from your comment of mis matched clothing. I like the Ikea shelving for my photo albums & scrapping stuff. They, Ikea, have some of the best commercials on TV, probably the only ones I do not fast forward through ... so I will have a peek online at the Liatorp shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the book recommendations, will check them out on Amazon I need to put a couple on my kindle for our holiday next week.
    bon weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked your comment about clothing - I've looked a bit of a mess this weekend (not that I've ever really put together) but we were camping and being warm and comfy was far more important than looking good. You had some good reads there. Good luck on the cleaning/decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had a busy week!

    Mismatched - I'm currently in a beautiful top, long and flowing, gorgeous shade of burgundy...and gray leggings that are entirely too lazy to go with the top. But I'm comfy! And not going away from the homestead so I'm safely out of sight. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved Scaredy Cat. Congrats on the bargain flooring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been doing a lot of reading this week too; once you find the right book and its a good one, sometimes hard to put it down :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of being mismatched, but I bet that you looked great! Organising as you go is a good idea if you can do it, and that was a great buy too saving on the flooring, that will go a long way to your new storage won't it. Glad you had a good week. Thank you for joining in with Five On Friday. I hope you have a fun weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's all these little things we do that make up the vast majority of our lives. Sounds like a good week. Will you spend the weekend doing laundry?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Jane Casey, I've read several of her books. You can never have too much storage. When we moved into our house it had so many closets I thought we'd never fill them, HA! They're all full to overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have heard of falling by Emma Kavanagh and recall it as one I would like to read but can't remember what it is about. I think I must have read a review about it somewhere. Funnily enough I have been talking IKEA stoeage this week as desperately need extra space for our bedlinen and towels, it is beginning to get uncontrollable :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should have called me. I'd have sent you some clothes. I seem to have a never-ending supply (I seem to go overboard no matter what I do), and I'm getting ready to post another seven outfits on my blog tomorrow.

    P.S. I totally agree that reading is more fun than laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We've got loads of IKEA furniture in our house too, though particularly in the girls bedrooms.
    Well done on the bargain flooring, very impressive! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts