The Simple Woman's Daybook - Wednesday 3rd September 2014

FOR TODAY
 
Outside my window ... it's a dull day but at least it isn't raining.  
 
I am thinking ... about the next stage of home improvements. I think it will be the changes to the electrics - extra sockets and changes to the configuration of the light switches in the hall.  I'd also like to remove the wooden decking and replace with a proper patio.  It looks like I'll have to do some serious saving - these are going to be expensive!
 
I am thankful ... that recent health issue have proved to be less serious than first thought.  My medication had been changed again and fingers crossed that I'll start to feel better.

In the kitchen ... I am busy cooking in bulk to refill the freezer.  Yesterday I made lentil and vegetable soup in the slow cooker and today I am making bolognaise sauce and vegetarian chilli.  I've also prepared some no cook oatmeal breakfasts for the rest of the week.

I am wearing ... blue!  Various shades, but I definitely have a blue theme going on.

I am creating ... my Advent calendar.  Sorry to make you think of Christmas this early, but I like to be organised! I'm in the process of  creating 25 packages for myself to open on the days leading up to Christmas and on Christmas Day itself.  There will be a couple of more expensive things, like a set of DVDs and a photography projects book, but mostly will be paperbacks, puzzle books and the sort of treats that I don't normally spend my money on.  Although I'll obviously know all the treats I'll be getting, they will all be packaged in identical boxes so I won't know what is in each box and there will still be an element of surprise for me.

I am going ... to get up early tomorrow to photograph the sunrise for the Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt.  Sunrise will be at 6:25am but I need to drive to a decent location, so will be getting out of bed about 5:00am. 

I am wondering ... whether I am sinking into another bout of depression.  The last couple of months without Ced have seemed harder, not easier, and it is more of a challenge to keep myself feeling positive.  I am organising my life to keep things upbeat and have plans for social events but at the back of my mind is the constant feeling that 'something is not right'  and daily life is becoming an effort - I recognise the signs, having been down this path before.  People around me are aware of how I'm feeling so I have plenty of support and I just hope I can reverse this downwards spiral.

I am reading ... 'The Light Between Oceans' by M L Steadman.  It's another book club read but I haven't read enough yet to say whether I like it or not.
 
I am hoping ...  that the weather stays fine this week as I have lots I want to do in the garden.
 
I am looking forward to ... joining in on some meet ups; a quiz night next week, a ghost walk and a curry night the following week, then a ladies one-off 4 part harmony singing workshop and another book club evening later in the month.
 
I am learning ... a new piece on the flute ready for an audition to join a local amateur orchestra.
 
Around the house ...  I've got a lot sorted over the summer.  There is now an external key safe fitted on the back wall of the house and a combination lock fitted on the side gate. I've also had blinds fitted to the windows on the back of the house so that's all the windows done now, and the ceiling lights from the old house have been connected in the living room.   By the end of September I will have the dining room door replaced, the lock on the living room door repaired, the music room decorated, a new camera peephole will be fitted to the front door and the trellis and brackets will be fixed in position in the garden. 
 
I am pondering ... plans for a water feature in the garden for next year.  I've just used my Tesco and Nectar points to order some more plants and bulbs and then that'll be it for this years planting.  I wonder if I should then wait a while to see how it all looks before I rush into anymore planting. 

One of my favourite things ... walks along the canal towpath.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week ...
  • Thursday: gardening and/or decluttering
  • Friday: gardening and/or decluttering
  • Saturday: gardening and/or decluttering
  • Sunday: car boot sale
  • Monday: teaching
  • Tuesday: workshop in a school to get new starters for the band
  • Wednesday: housework and gardening, then a pub quiz in the evening

A peek into my day ... I have to stay at home today as I'm expecting some parcels.  I'll be cooking and catching up with the laundry this morning and then making a start on clearing the garden behind the garage this afternoon. 
 
A favourite quote for today ...
 
"Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life"- Mark Twain
 

Comments

Popular Posts