Today ...

... has been a very different sort of day. 

  • I've finally watched Frozen, so now I will understand what all my pupils are talking about.
  • I recaptured my childhood, laughing out loud at the slapstick antics of Sooty and friends.
  • I went shopping in Sainsbury's and spent an awfully long time in the sweeties aisle.
  • I had an indoor picnic at lunchtime, which I haven't done for years.
  • I sang along to the Donny Osmond version of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and still remembered all the words.
  • I spent quite a lot of time talking about the 'olden days', when I was a child at school.
  • I played snap, and lost!
  • I did some colouring in ... very therapeutic.
  • I played the recorder and performed in a mini concert in my living room. 
The reason for this change of pace?  I had the pleasure of babysitting Little Miss C, so have had a very enjoyable day seeing the world through the eyes of a five and a half years old.  She is desperate to learn to play an instrument, so today was her first (surprise) lesson on the recorder; she picked it up straight away and we played the three pieces she'd learnt (all based on the note 'B') in a mini concert to her mum when she came to collect her.  Here she is ...
 
 
I've loved having her ... but it'll be early to bed for me tonight.

Comments

  1. Olá Eileen, não entendi muito bem! É professora de musica! Que maravilha! Essa criança é linda!
    Muito sucesso com as aulas!
    Abraços, Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the other way round - I'm teaching her. She's still a bit too young really but wants to learn so we are taking it slowly at a pace appropriate to her age.

      Delete
  2. She is such a cutie
    Kids will for sure keep you on your toes
    Get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very enjoyable day, she's lovely (and a red-head, my favourite colour) x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts