Teaching and a Pre-Birthday Celebration

It was a bit of a mixed day yesterday.

I overslept so didn't really do anything much in the morning. I managed to reply to a couple of emails, caught up with a few blogs and responded to some comments, and put the recycling bin out for collection, but that was about it.

After lunch I drove to my Thursday school. Since the Easter break the class I teach has been attending a sport lesson immediately before their lesson with me. This is also with a visiting teacher who never finishes on time which means their lesson with me has been reduced to a fifteen minute lesson maximum. I don't have the option to carry on as it is the end of the school day so I have to finish on time. It happened again yesterday, so I've told the school that I won't carry on till July and that next week will be the final lesson. It's a shame as this was my favourite school. 

The evening was spent with Julie and Lauren, a pre-birthday celebration for Lauren who will be 21 on Saturday. It was a lovely evening with a Chinese takeaway, birthday cake and lemonade - we know how to celebrate in style! Lauren has just returned from a university trip to Germany and Poland so we heard all about that and saw all the photos and just had a good time together. I also met S, Julie's new man friend, who will be pet sitting over the weekend when Julie is taking Lauren and some of her sisters away for the weekend for the proper birthday celebration.

Comments

  1. The trouble with PE is that the stated time has to be 'action' time and they pay no account of the time it takes to change again afterwards wso even if it finished bang on time, there's still that. Kids just don't get dressed that quickly and they have to put it all away too. I'm not the least bit surprised that you're fed up with it. I would be too.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The children stay in their PE kit for my lesson and then get changed after. The other teacher just keeps them longer than he should - yesterday he carried on for an extra 15 minutes even though he knew I was waiting. It's not just a case of being fed up - it's a long way to drive for a lesson to be cut so short and I think it just shows a lack of respect as well as anything else.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear that's quite rude of the other teacher to give no regard to the next lesson & the teacher involved. I say that was a perfect birthday celebration. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I intended to finish at the school in July I decided it was easier to just walk away from the situation now, rather than make a fuss about it.

      Delete
  3. It is good that you decided to end the class. Not fair for you to drive any distance and get there on time only to have to wait and give a shortened lesson. Glad you have the option of ending the class sooner than July. Does this mean that you'll be retired as of next week? Sounds like you had a good birthday celebration! Happy birthday to the young lady.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts