Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt | A Day Trip to London

Yesterday I took another coach trip, this time up to London with the aim of collecting another set of photos for the Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. I'm happy to report that it was a successful trip and I have the photos ready to show you now, but to make it more interesting for you I've included a couple of photos where you can play 'Where's Wally', so please leave a comment if you manage to spot him.
 
We were dropped off outside the Victoria and Albert Museum and from there I walked to Holland Park to get my first photo for No 4 | people playing a board game

Still in Holland Park I took a couple more for No 12 | a public restroom, bathroom or toilet. First up is this line of portaloos ...

Why did I choose these? Because they are not any old portaloos, they are superloos!

And for the same category, I also photographed one of the dog toilets, just because it's the first time I recall seeing one!

I then plucked up the courage to ask this man if I could take his photo for No 8 | someone 'plugged' into social media.

and I have some more for the same category; one more taken in the park and the rest in the V&A.

I found one more for No 5 | architectural columns.  This is the Wellington Arch at the corner of Green Park.
 
And from there I headed over to The Mall where I was hoping to find those elusive flags.  There was a cycling event on so access to The Mall was difficult and there were safety barriers everywhere, but I got the photo!  Here is No 15 | a flag pole with at least three flags on it.

Thanks to that cycling event I also got another photo of one of the marshals for No 14 | a traffic signal

And also of this band, who were wearing matching t-shirts, for No 17 | at least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms.  They were brilliant and I stayed to listen to them for a while.

then some more for the same category taken in Kensington High Street and Horseguard's Parade.
this one is a bit of a cheat, but I love this memorial so am including it anyway!


And finally another one for No 9 | a tent.  This was actually taken today at Stonehenge Campsite when I went to meet up with Sandie, but more about that tomorrow.

 So, did you spot Wally?

Comments

  1. I think I spotted eight wallies! But not sure if we are on the same wavelength.
    CONGRATULATIONS on those flags! I saw the cycle race on the news yesterday and tried to see if the poles were dressed, but couldn't. Great work! Also really like the chess game, and the fact you got that guy to pose for you. Did you have a chance to look in the Japanese garden? (PS. You and loos!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are on the same wavelength! I don't know why they were all dressed as Wally but they were in Horseguards Parade and I thought it would make a fun photo.

      I didn't get time to see the Japanese garden this time as it took me so long to find the chess game. Maybe next time for that. I didn't get to walk through Hyde Park either, so that's back on the list as well.

      I was starting to panic about the flags because the first 16 ceremonial poles, i.e. the ones that have 3 flags, were empty and then I saw this one (which holds 4 flags) and it's partner at the entrance to the Mall but because of the crowds I couldn't get near enough to photograph it. It took almost half an hour to work my way around and through the crowds and then I breathed a sigh of relief when I got it!!!

      Delete
    2. Well worth the effort. I'm so glad for you!
      Also cool that there were people playing chess as that board has been deserted whenever I've seen it.
      Great day's work :o)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you accomplished a lot for the scavenger hunt with just one trip!! All great pictures! I did spot the Wally's :) How cute with them :) Very nicely done!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! You really have achieved a lot. Love the dog loo. Love the chess game! You got the flags! And I love the where's Wally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very productive day trip and well done for tracking down multiple flags

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you are doing exceptionally well at this. I'm taking part having read about it here, I'm yet to post any pics but it hadn't occured to me to post more than one for each thing.
    I love the Where's Wallys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good afternoon Eileen, you get spectacular photos for the challenge! All very interesting! Also hand knew toilet for dogs. Here we needed to have,))!!! Congratulations, beautiful collection of pictures. Good week,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts