Five on Friday | The Little Things

Read | I finished reading 'Water for Elephants', which I loved and would recommend for a good read.  I haven't started another book yet as I too busy reading up on garden design and planting schemes.  I'm browsing the internet looking for ideas for the garden layout; I thought I knew what I wanted but then someone suggested incorporating raised/tiered beds, which is a good idea but now I need to fill my brain with lot of ideas and then let it all simmer until I come up with the final plan.  I hope!

Watched | I watched the remaining episodes of 'Thirteen' on iPlayer.  I thoroughly enjoyed the series  - it's another recommendation if anyone is looking for something to watch.  I'll probably have a look at 'The Night Manager' next, as a few of my friends are raving about it.

Heard | I've been listening to a new to me group - Dark, Dark, Dark.  I like the theme tune to 'Thirteen' which turned out to be one of their songs, 'In Your Dreams'. 


The female singer's voice has quite a quality to it that I really love and I was hoping that I'd found another group to add to my list but, from listening to a lot of their stuff on Youtube, i think that they are, for me, a one hit group.

Made | I've been making space in the dining room for the delivery today of the additional units etc, for the kitchen.  The dining room table has been moved to the living room for the time being and I've started packing away some of the kitchen things that I can manage without until the work is completed. Most of the new appliances will arrive next Tuesday with the last one due to arrive later the following week, and I've had a phone call to say that the tiles are ready for collection.  Work is due to start on the 18th, so not too long to wait.

Worn | Am I the only person still wearing gloves?  I never used to bother with them but my hands are freezing most of the time now, and I can't go without wearing them.  It must be an 'age' thing!

And Lastly ... the lifestyle change, with calorie counting for weight loss and the daily exercise is going well.  I've still been out for meals with friends but have been making more sensible choices from the menus and at home, have been eating less meat, and more fish and vegetables.  I think I have lost weight but I haven't actually weighed myself yet as I need to get some better scales.  The positive thing is that I am not finding it difficult to do so that's a bonus.

Thanks to Morgana for organising the Little Things, and to Amy for organising Five on Friday.

Comments

  1. No you are not the only one, I'm still wearing gloves too, I went without them yesterday as it was warmer but they were in my pocket just in case. I enjoyed Thirteen and am now into The Line of Duty. I wasn't keen on the music for Thirteen though but I'm interested to learn who the performers were so thank you for that information:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well with the kitchen. I have just started to look at the Night Manager and have been impressed so far. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great on more healthier eating! You'll continue to get the hang of it! I have heard Water for Elephants is a good book; I'll have to read it myself sometime!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes ok with the kitchen. You reminded me again I need to buy that book! Well done with the healthy eating, you sound like you have the right approach to it that's for sure. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear gloves too and ear muffs, my ears hate being cold. I like Water For Elephants too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear fingerless gloves a lot at this time of the year, keeps my hands cozy. I've been watching calories and doing more exercise for ages now and I still enjoy the odd meal out, like you, choosing items more wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a busy and interesting week. I hope that all goes well with the kitchen work, very exciting! I haven't worn gloves for a little bit, but yesterday I did start out walking with my wrist warmers on - sort of fingerless gloves - and was glad for them! Thank you for taking part in Five On Friday, I hope you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitchen work can be frustrating, but think of the end result! I've not worn gloves for awhile here, we're having an unseasonably warm spring. I'm ready to begin going barefoot around the house. Of course, it could get cold again before spring/summer really comes. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed Thirteen - and that theme tune - too. And I can recommend Night Manager

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have worn gloves this week too,so you're not on your own! Haha! Thirteen was so good! I really didn't want it to end x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts