Memorandum Monday

Hello Monday people!  I hope the weather is better where you are - it's cold and wet here, and all together a bit of a miserable way to start the week.  Still, it can only get better!

Before I sat down to write this post I thought I had lots of new things to tell you, but I've been hit by a bad case of brain freeze and I can now only think of the films I watched during the week ... so we'll have to go with those.

First up is Midnight Special, which I saw at the Odeon Screen Unseen last week. It was a reasonably enjoyable film, sort of an updated E.T. but not as cute.  You may have guessed that it wasn't really my sort of film but at least I didn't have to pay full price to watch it (all seats at screen unseen are £5). 

Much more to my liking was 'Eddie the Eagle', a brilliantly funny feel good film. This is a 'must see' film, I can't recommend it enough. You may have guessed that I loved this one!

Another film I loved was 'Snow Cake' starring Alan Rickman.  I'm making an effort to watch more of his work as I really only know him from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, and the Harry Potter series. I was pleasantly surprised by this one and it's another film I'd say is worth a viewing.

My final film was 'Jack Reacher' starring Tom Cruise.  I wasn't impressed!  I know the books well and Tom Cruise just doesn't have the stature or presence to play the eponymous character, so that spoilt it for me.  Never mind!

Oh, and one more thing ... how could I forget ... I saw the Mamma Mia musical on Saturday. It was brilliant and I enjoyed it so much more than the film version. I still have the Abba songs on my mind ... which is probably why I can't remember what else I wanted to write about!

Hope you all have a good week, and thanks to Sian for this weekly link up.

Comments

  1. I'll have to look for these movies :) We had rain yesterday but nice sunny day today :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow Cake is one film I am looking forward to seeing. I too was very disappointed with Jack Reacher - nothing like the books portray him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep an eye out for the Alan Rickman movie, Snow Cake. Glad you liked Mama Mia. Happy Week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed Mama Mia. I would like to see it but don't think I shall make it this time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen any of those, but it could be because I'm in the USA, or maybe it's just because I'm not much of a movie buff. In any case, I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try to make it to Eddie the Eagle. Who'd have thought it, all those years ago, that he'd have a movie made about him? (or actually, maybe we should have guessed lol) Have a great week Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen any of those films but I would absolutely love to see Mamma Mia on the stage, I just love musicals and it's one I've never seen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts