The Simple Woman's Daybook | Sat 27th May 2017

FOR TODAY - SATURDAY 27TH MAY 2017

Outside my window ... it is cooler and the sun is setting.

I am thinking ... that I need to investigate the cost of getting my Nikon camera kit serviced. The focus seems to be slightly off and the camera body and both lenses could do with a good clean. This is the camera Ced bought for me during his final illness so it is very precious to me. 

I am thankful ... that the depression is losing its hold on me. Realistically, I know that I still have a bit of an uphill struggle ahead of me, but I'm finding most days so much easier to cope with. I've started making plans for the coming months and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead.

In the kitchen ... there is a stack of dirty plates and cutlery waiting to be washed and put away. Maybe later!

I am wearing ... a baggy t-shirt and an old cotton skirt - I've been out in the garden this afternoon.

I am creating ... a much more detailed family tree. I'd previously only documented the direct line of ancestors but am now expanding each name on the tree. This is usually a winter pastime, but I'm keen to find a common ancestor with one of my newly found DNA links so it can't wait.

I am going ... to arrange a cinema night with friends - to see 'Baywatch'.  It's not my usual choice of film but we saw the trailer for it when we went to see 'Snatched' earlier in the week and decided to give it a try.

I am wondering ... whether to have a ceiling fan installed in my bedroom.

I am reading ... 'Missing Presumed' by Susie Steiner. I started it this morning and so far so good.


I am hoping ...  that the garage can fit my car in for repair next week. At the hottest time of the year so far the air conditioning has decided to stop working. I fear it is going to be expensive!

I am looking forward to ... the half term holiday next week. It'll be another staycation, just relaxing at home. 

I am learning ... to slow down!

Around the house ...  it's a complete mess. I've decided it is time to look at getting a cleaner!

I am pondering ... a big, big holiday in two or three years time ... two or three months in America. I'm making a list of what I want to see and do so any suggestions of 'must sees' will be very much appreciated.

One of my favourite things ... music, any genre.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... I don't have any plans at all. I'll be taking one day at a time and doing whatever I fancy on the day, even if that is to nothing.

A peek into my day ... It's been a strange sort of day. I woke up suffering with a headache, painful joints and muscles and I struggled to get out of bed this morning. I put it it down to dehydration after such a hot day yesterday, so I've been drinking plenty of fluids all day. I felt much better by lunchtime so have been pottering in the garden this afternoon - nothing too strenuous though, just a bit of weeding and some deadheading. I stayed at home this evening and have been reading and sleeping ... I don't think I'll sleep too well tonight now.

A favourite quote for today ...

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened", Dr Seuss

Comments

  1. I hope you continue to feel better and do sleep well tonight, even though you have slept a lot today.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking along the same lines about getting my camera cleaned. I have some dust on the sensor I can't shift. I am thinking about taking it into the London Camera Exchange in Bath where I bought it. Trouble is I hate being without it. I should have had the sense to get it done before daughter came home fro uni because I could have used her camera while she was away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad, so very glad to hear that your depression is lifting. It makes life so much easier to get on with. Depression certainly sucks the very energy out of life. I like the idea of a housekeeper, now that is a treat & one you deserve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts