Day 6: Feeling Pleased!

I'm feeling pleased with myself! I completed my target '8,000 steps' for the second day in a row and also managed to be active for 7 out of my target 9 hourly periods during the day. It doesn't sound much but it's a massive improvement on the past few months. My longer term target is to complete 10,000 steps (or more) every day, but 8,000 is enough for now - achievable with a bit of effort.

Yesterday I walked to the garden centre to meet Joy, stopping off at the cemetery on the way to take a photo for the summer fun photo scavenger hunt. It took 45 minutes to get there, so a sit down with a drink and a cake was very much needed - I'm not used to that much exercise! Before I'd left home I'd planned to walk both ways but Joy saved the day and gave me a lift home. I think I'd still be at the garden centre otherwise! It was lovely to catch up with Joy again but the best part of the day was meeting her youngest granddaughter - she is absolutely gorgeous and modelled beautifully for another photo for the scavenger hunt (the baby, not Joy!!)  


I found this in the garden this morning. I don't think it's anything I planted, so does anyone know what it is please? It's quite small, about the size of a 5p coin.

I'm spending most of today at home, with plans to sort out a box or two. Everything I listed on Gumtree has sold so I need to get on and decide what to advertise next. I'm out tonight for a film night at a friend's home. We're getting a take away and will watch 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' - the others saw it when it was originally released so this is for my benefit as apparently we're all going to see the second Kingsman film which is due for release soon.

Comments

  1. It looks like a poppy seed head to me.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was secretly hoping for it to be a poppy!

      Delete
  2. Well done you with all those steps! It looks like an poppy seed head & how kind of Mother Nature to gift you this plant. Glad to hear that you are seeking PSH opportunities with the baby (col). How quickly the time is moving along, it will soon be time to wrap up another PSH.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts