Returning to Normal!

All of the messy, dust creating, work on the house is now finished. There are still new carpets to be ordered and fitted, internal doors to be adjusted so that they close properly, and the decorating to be completed, all of which will hopefully be completed by mid February. The entire house is in a mess so needs a deep clean, things replaced in the correct rooms and cupboards organised. 

I've had a few days off from it to enjoy my Christmas but I can't ignore it any longer and have made a start on the upstairs. So far today I have wiped out the en-suite, which is new and clean but still had smears from the grouting on the tiles, hoovered my bedroom and moved the new bed into that room. I haven't assembled the bed yet as I'm waiting on a delivery date for the carpets so, if it's going to be reasonably quick, the logistics of clearing the furniture from the bedrooms for the carpet installation will be much easier if the double bed isn't assembled. I'll know the delivery date on January 3rd so can then rethink this decision if necessary.

I've made a start on sorting my clothes, all of which were moved out of the cupboard in my bedroom and now have to go back. I'm making the effort to get rid of clothes I never wear or which are looking too worn, which is slowing me down but it needs to be done. I'm trying to be positive about it as in, once I've done this I can see what I need and then shop in the sales, but I don't really like clothes shopping so it's not going as easily as I'd like and I doubt I'll get it finished today!

Comments

  1. Wonderful news that you feel the re-decorating is done. I need to follow your example of tidying up my closet, especially where I keep my sweaters (jumpers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given up for today ... for some reason the decisions are harder to make when it's to do with clothes!

      Delete
  2. It's good that you have made a start though - well done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It's going to take longer than I thought.

      Delete
  3. Boa tarde Eileen,
    As obras em casa sempre proporcionam muito trabalho, pó e desarrumações, mas depois fica tudo lindo!
    Desejo que seu Novo Ano seja repleto de felicidade, alegria e paz!
    Um grande abraço e FELIZ ANO NOVO!
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation = Good afternoon Eileen, The work at home always provides a lot of work, dust and messes, but then everything looks beautiful! I wish your New Year to be filled with happiness, joy and peace!
      A big hug and a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Ailime

      Thankfully it's nearing the end so I can focus on the 'making it look beautiful' stage! Happy New Year to you too Ailime.

      Delete
  4. Glad your decorating is done! I have lots of sorting projects to do but things seem a bit in limbo until after the new year. I am putting away some of the Christmas-y bits (paper, boxes, tape etc) that I hauled out just before Christmas and sorting out my gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the time between Christmas and the New Year very frustrating as everything seems to grind to a halt.

      Delete
  5. So good to have the messy parts of the renovations behind you! It makes a lot of sense to hold off on assembling the bed until the carpets are fitted. As for clothes decluttering - something I did last year was to hang them with the hangers facing the other way than usual. Then, as I wore them and put them back, I would replace the hangers in the usual way, indicating the item was worn. At the end of 6 months (it can be any length of time from 3 months to 1 year), I reviewed my closet to see if there were any hangers remaining that were still hanging facing the other way - they were the items that weren't worn for one reason or another, and I got to decide whether to continue keeping them or donating them. Perhaps something like that could work for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it will. Have done this and will see how I get on, so many thanks Bless.

      Delete
  6. It’ll all be worth it in the end xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts