A Day of Surprises!

 


There have been two surprises so far. I looked out of the window first thing to be greeted by a white landscape ... the promised snow arrived overnight. It won't last long. By the time I'd showered and dressed most of it had disappeared and the only evidence in my garden was this sprinkling on top of the pots. Hopefully, that will be our lot for this year!

The second surprise was a text from the youth band I used to work with, asking me to help with their recruitment. It's come completely out of the blue and I need to give it some thought before replying. I used to do it for them but it was hard work transporting all the brass instruments around to the schools and I'm not sure that I'm up to doing that again, now that walking is so painful. Part of me thinks it would be nice to be involved with the band again, but it would be a big commitment so it's not something to rush into. It was nice to be asked though, and I will at least offer suggestions even if my decision ends up being that I can't actual handle the recruitment myself.

I wonder if there will be a third one? They do say that things come in threes, so fingers crossed that the third surprise is a lovely one!

Comments

  1. Those sound like lovely surprises! I hope you do have a third lovely surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, no third surprise yesterday and nothing at all today. The two I did get were lovely though xx

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed there are more surprises in store for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such luck so far. Still, I mustn't be greedy and I do appreciate the two I did get. xx

      Delete
  3. It was nice to be asked, I agree, but please think carefully. It took you a long time to completely withdraw from all the responsibility and it might be too easy to restart for the wrong reasons (I don't KNOW if that would be so for you, I know it would be for me).
    No snow here but doesn't it look pretty when it first settles.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I will be taking my time to consider carefully. I don't want the commitment really so possibly will only come up with some suggestions for them..

      Yes, the snow looks lovely at first but as soon as I've taken a few photos, I'm ready for the thaw! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts