Monthly Photo Challenge - Older Than You

The theme for the February monthly photo challenge was 'older than you", which meant that I was looking for things that pre-dated 1955. Here's what I found ...

Stonehenge (photographed from a moving car)

an original mortsafe dating from the mid to late 1800s

the Blind House in Hilperton, a lock-up dating back to the 18th century

Victorian playing cards

a paper cutting from 1881

an unopened pack of Patience playing cards from 1933

a Victorian key

My late partner's panda, given to him when he was born in 1939

a music reference book from 1930

a Victorian silver threepenny coin, dated 1887

Stone Age arrow heads

The challenge is to take photos on the set theme; the photos must be taken during the month (no archive photos), a minimum of five photos but there's no upper limit, and there will be a new theme every month. The theme for March is 'Begins with Q or R' and there must be at least two photos for the letter Q! 

I'll post a linky at the end of the month but for some reason I can't add one to this post, so please add a comment to let me know when you have posted your February photos.  Have fun!

Comments

  1. Excellent photo choices Eileen. I had look up what a mortsafe and a Blind House was, very interesting, I thoroughly enjoyed this challenge, thank you for hosting it.
    You can find my photos here
    https://meandmytillydog.blogspot.com/2024/02/february-photo-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I'm planning to do a couple of posts about the mortsafe and the Wiltshire Blind Houses so I hope you'll enjoy reading those too.

      I liked all your photos, especially the harbour and the castle. I didn't think of using my mum's wedding ring ... that was a good choice. Many thanks for joining in and hope you enjoy the March challenge. xx

      Delete
  2. Those are such great photos for the challenge! I don't think I've seen a mortsafe before!
    My post is here:
    https://bless2cents.blogspot.com/2024/02/february-monthly-photo-challenge-older.html?sc=1709331510600#c7553343769592481975

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'll explain all about the mortsafe in a future post.

      I've had a look at your photos. I love your father's carved elephant and your mum's recipe book is a real treasure. Many thanks for joining in and I hope you enjoy the March challenge. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts