Keeping Busy

 


I think it will be a busy day today. I feel the need to be productive after such an emotional day yesterday. There's plenty of choice! I need some shopping, there are two boxes of charity shop donations to dispose of, and maybe a car load of items to take to the recycling yard. If I don't feel like going outdoors there is a pile of paperwork to be sorted and filed, so like I said, there is plenty of choice. 

On a different note, I had to phone my GP surgery yesterday about my repeat prescriptions. I'd received a text to say that my request for medication had been denied, but nobody could work out why so my request was reinstated and authorised.  During the conversation the receptionist queried whether I was due a blood test and I said my annual tests were usually done in February but I was still waiting for my appointment. She checked my record and it seems that my 'annual' tests have now become an 'every 18 months' test so aren't due until August. When I queried it, it was explained away as "being the norm" ... I wonder when it changed? Has anyone had this happen to them? 

Comments

  1. I order our prescriptions online and every so often either one of us has the request declined. I phone and I think a doctor has to review them every so often, we have never been denied the medication though. As for checkups my husband doesn't have a regular diabetic review like he had pre-pandemic and his diabetic retinopathy test has been moved to every two years now instead of annually. The pandemic gets blamed for all these changes but why can't they go back to how they were before I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why we're no longer receiving the same level and frequency of service as we did before the pandemic. I used to have to see my GP every six month to renew my entitlement to prescription for certain meds and now it is every 18 months. It makes me wonder whether it was really necessary because if it was, what has changed? xx

      Delete
  2. Hubby and I have just been contacted by our Surgery to go in and have our blood pressure checked, can't remember having this before. But then since the pandemic a lot appears to have changed regarding the surgery. I wonder if it is anything to do with how they obtain funding for different things? Hope you have a productive day. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're probably right that it has something to do with the funding. It is worrying how it is all changing though. Hope your BP reading is in the 'normal' range. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you managed to get lots done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good day and I hope that the change in when routine check ups are scheduled don't negatively impact your health.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts