Getting Organised


I've lost sight of my plans for getting my life organised.  I was doing really well but since I completed the first stage of the decluttering I've let things slip and the lack of focus, as to be expected, means that I haven't really achieved much.  I need to go back to doing a post every day about it, as that really helped to keep me on track.

So!  This is day one of getting organised.  The decluttering will now continue into stage 2, which involves selling off some of the unwanted things via eBay, Gumtree and Amazon.  I'll have plenty of time after next week (when I finish my teaching commitments), so I've set aside a couple of mornings each week throughout the holiday period, to get things photographed and listed on the appropriate site.  I'm also doing some of Julie's things for her.
 
I'm busy sorting out meals for the freezer.  I did some bulk cooking on Thursday, ending up with 16 meals to freeze and I'll get some more ready later this week.  I'm back on the weight loss campaign with an initial target of 1 stone (14 pounds) to lose.  With a bit of luck I'll manage that by the time I return to work in September.
 
The photo has absolutely nothing to do with my plans to get organised, but it is a very pretty colour so I thought I'd share it with you all!

Comments

  1. Hi Eileen, thank you so much for the flower! Very nice and colorful! About the organization will gradually)). The option of selling on Ebay is good. I have here some things I intend also put up for sale. I need my son to help me in this task. Good luck;))! Good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen I will be sending lots of positive energy your way for success in your de-cluttering and organization, along with your diet campaign. Dieting is SO hard. I am on the Weight Watchers program. The beautiful purple flower is perfect for engaging all the positive changes you are making :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed with your freezing quota. Maybe I've said to you before..I keep meaning to buy one of those cookbooks which talks you through batch preparing: that's my kind of cooking! Best of luck with the sorting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can totally sympathise. For the last few weeks I've had the sense of never really being in control of everything - that horrible hassly feeling that whatever I'm doing, I should be doing something else! Hoping, with no tennis on today, to get some overdue jobs crossed off. All the best for your "reboot" :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is wise to post your organizing efforts; might help to stay more accountable. That is good too that you have the time off for the school break to be able to list items you want sold and to just set aside a little bit of time to do so, so that it leaves time for whatever else you might want to pursue.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being accountable helps me to keep focus Eileen, so I hope your stage 2 of decluttering goes to plan. A friend sadly died recently and I offered to sell or rehome her craft materials so that her family had less to worry about. I didn't realise how long it would take, taking photographs and uploading them is not something I have done much before... luckily I have made progress and now need to tackle my own. I used fb to sell and will try sites you suggested for things I still want to move on.
    Good luck with the weight loss - oh my - that is something I have lost sight of. I was doing quite well, but it has come undone. It is hard to concentrate on changing too many things at one time...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts