Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Gardening Update

Today I had lunch with my friend, Lyn, at the Lowden Garden Centre. Of course, that meant some more shopping for the garden as well as a yummy lunch - I had Thai chicken curry, a piece of rocky road (which was so big I couldn't finish it) and a hot chocolate.  Lyn had a jacket potato with tuna, a piece of rocky road (she ate all of hers ... just saying, Lyn!!!) and a glass of wine. 
 
Here's my new goodies:
 
 
  • Two large frost resistant terracotta pots.  The one on the left was £14.99 and the one on the right was £16.99
  • Five sets of ceramic feet to raise the pots - £1.99 per set.
  • Can't remember what the one on the left is called but Lyn said it will give structure to the garden!  That one was £9.99 - if anyone knows what it is I'd appreciate it.
  • A fern, 'Dryopteris Affinis Crispa'. Currently looking a bit sorry for itself but they are quite hardy and I'm sure it'll sort itself out.  That was £9.99 as well.
  • In front of the fern is a 'Leucothoe Zeblid', also £9.99.
  • On the right is a 'Jasminum Parkeri', which was reduced to £7.99.
That'll be it for buying plants this side of the winter.  I'm saving up now for the spring planting but am hoping to get some more pots for my birthday and Christmas presents.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eileen, you got some fine things for your garden. It's difficult at this time of year to work in the garden, roll on the Spring :))
    Thanks for visiting my blog - in answer to your question. Yes I did so a little bit of driving, I was very nervous but once I got into the way of it I was fine. I have to admit Danny did most of the driving as I was quite happy to be the passenger, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Eileen, I can't think about gardening at the mo, even more so as we have a frost this morning brrrr.xx

    ReplyDelete