Today I had lunch with my friend, Lyn, at the Lowden Garden Centre. Of course, that meant some more shopping for the garden as well as a yummy lunch - I had Thai chicken curry, a piece of rocky road (which was so big I couldn't finish it) and a hot chocolate. Lyn had a jacket potato with tuna, a piece of rocky road (she ate all of hers ... just saying, Lyn!!!) and a glass of wine.
Here's my new goodies:
- Two large frost resistant terracotta pots. The one on the left was £14.99 and the one on the right was £16.99
- Five sets of ceramic feet to raise the pots - £1.99 per set.
- Can't remember what the one on the left is called but Lyn said it will give structure to the garden! That one was £9.99 - if anyone knows what it is I'd appreciate it.
- A fern, 'Dryopteris Affinis Crispa'. Currently looking a bit sorry for itself but they are quite hardy and I'm sure it'll sort itself out. That was £9.99 as well.
- In front of the fern is a 'Leucothoe Zeblid', also £9.99.
- On the right is a 'Jasminum Parkeri', which was reduced to £7.99.
That'll be it for buying plants this side of the winter. I'm saving up now for the spring planting but am hoping to get some more pots for my birthday and Christmas presents.